Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here loves shopping at thrift/resale shops? I just bought a cute pair of glittery flip flops, a brand new Kenneth Cole leather belt, a new Tommy Hilfiger skirt, a lacy top, and about 7 other things for UNDER $30!!! Shopping at thrift stores is like going treasure hunting. It's so awesome.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I LOVE Thrift Store shopping too!

You are right on the money with your new finds. I have had the fortune of finding some brand name big name labels too.

I also give back-and then take some

Have you noticed that the prices aren't so shall we say "inexpensive" anymore? Seems like too many people caught on and the prices went up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like it my sister went thrift store shopping on saturday she said they had a 50%off sale&the store was packed.She got so many pairs of dress pants&shirts for interviews.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I havnt been to a thrift shop before, but I do like places like Marshalls or TJ Maxx where you can find discontinued or rejected name brand stuff.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I LOVE thrift store shopping. I could live in a thrift store. The best part is that the awesome thrift store that's walking distance from my house gives 50% discounts every Saturday.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I absolutely love the consignment/resale stores, flea markets, and yard sales.
My favorite is a place called "A Classy Flea" in Marietta, GA.
They are open 7 days a week and have some absolutely fabulous finds!.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yorlooks, do you live in Georgia. I used to attend school in Georgia. I used to go to Emory University until I transferred to Emory's rival school this year.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm so mad--I spend $25 on a brand new pair of khaki pants at the mall during Black Friday. Then, on Saturday, I went to the thrift store and found a similiar looking pair of pants for only $2!!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
TJ Maxx is also cool. Have you ever heard of Value City Department Store or Gabriel's Brothers. These places are similiar to TJ Maxx but fifty times cheaper.

·
Registered
139 Posts
TJ Maxx is also cool. Have you ever heard of Value City Department Store or Gabriel's Brothers. These places are similiar to TJ Maxx but fifty times cheaper.
I can do TJ Maxx, but Value City and Ross' Department Stores ...depress me. I love a great bargin. But I've tried these stores in GA and I did not like having to "dig" through loads of sloppy merchadise to get it. By comparison, I've found Goodwill stores to be better maintained and organized.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Oh, yes, Goodwill is very well maintained. I just went to a Goodwill last weekend and was surprised by its level of cleanliness and organization.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
But Value City has some good stuff very cheap. It's just that I have to eat a good meal before shopping there because it takes energy to shop at Value City.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
yorlooks, what's the cutest thing you ever bought from a resale?

For me, the nicest thing that I've ever gotten from a resale store a cute Jennifer Lopez denim dress.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oddly the cutest thing I purchased from a resale place was a "victorian styled" mirrored unit. It looked expensive (had the delivery guy's nervous about handling it. But it only cost me just over $200. Clothing wise I'd have to say a few Kate Spade outfits I got at "Value City" prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the only thing I can say is "GOODWILL" its amazing what you can find.. I found an Armani Suit for $30.00 With the tags.. only a Few months old... thrift is not a bad thing....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts