Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what to do to get rid of this?
A doctor told me to put Selsun blue shampoo on there and the skin will tan up when your out in the sun.
But i really dont know how often to apply it or how to apply it.
Can someone help?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Erolin, My Huney has it as well. I really don't understand why the selsun blue helps but it does. You put in on after your shower once or twice a day. My Huney also noticed that when he brought up his intake of water that helped as well. Are you a coffee-aholic like he is? I wonder if caffeine has something to do with it. All I know is that if he doesn't drink enough water, or apply the selsun blue he gets these big white patches all over his arms. PS don't forget the sunblock after the selsun blue. Good Luck hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Erolin, My Huney has it as well. I really don't understand why the selsun blue helps but it does. You put in on after your shower once or twice a day. My Huney also noticed that when he brought up his intake of water that helped as well. Are you a coffee-aholic like he is? I wonder if caffeine has something to do with it. All I know is that if he doesn't drink enough water, or apply the selsun blue he gets these big white patches all over his arms. PS don't forget the sunblock after the selsun blue. Good Luck hope this helps you out.
Oh thank you! But do i rub it in. Or do I leave it on then wash it off.What the is the process of application??

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to leave it on in the shower for 15-30 minutes, and then wash it off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NO! you rub it in then wait about 20 to 30 minutes before applying sunblock!
It's shampoo, of course you're supposed to wash it off. OP, your doc should have told you how you're meant to use it, or just do what it says on the directions.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Happy EM you are not getting the picture, you aren't meant to wash it off. That's why I said wait 20 to 30 minutes then apply sunblock. It takes a couple of days but it made a big difference on my Huney. It seems to happen every summer but it goes away after he's treated once for a bout 2 weeks straight, then he doesn't have to for the rest of the summer, so a small sample or travelling bottle is the right size for him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tinea versicolor.. i just found it out. I did extensive research and asked a pharmasist what the best thing to do is, and you apply it to the area and leave it on for about 15 min, then wash it off. Stay out of the sun or use alot of sunblock, because sun makes it worse. I think you do it once a day, but im doing it twice a day. one in the morning, and once at night, and it should clear up in a few weeks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Leave on for 30 mins and then wash off. Use everyday for 2 weeks. The colour changes in the skin can sometimes take a few months to settle

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had that when I was a kid and used Selsun Blue too. Fortunately it eventually went away and hasn't come back. I remember being told that I needed to avoid tanning for a long time even after it was sufficiently treated because the skin that was affected couldn't produce melanin as well and you would get noticeable white spots there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts