Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm 26 and haven't tried using foundation and I'm scared to try, so I'm looking for a better tinted moisturizer than the last I used which was the one from Philosophy. I heard Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is good, but I still wanna hear what other people have to say. Oh yeah, I have combination skin.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My new favorite is Dior Deep Hydrating Tint.I have combination in spring/summer, dry in fall/winter. This line is a little more than a tinted moisturizer but lighter than foundation. I like that it has a dewy finish and doesn't cake. Only problem with this line is it doesn't come in a variety of colors. I use #1 Porcelain and it works fine with me. I would try out different samples to see which one works better for your skin though because this one cost $38.00 at Sephora.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Toni! Is this one different than Dior HydrAction TM?
No it's the same one.. I love the feel of this one on my skin. I would describe it as a light makeup......not as heavy as a foundation and a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, I'm 26 and haven't tried using foundation and I'm scared to try, so I'm looking for a better tinted moisturizer than the last I used which was the one from Philosophy. I heard Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is good, but I still wanna hear what other people have to say. Oh yeah, I have combination skin.
I have tried the one from Elta MD sunscreen with SPF 30 which is tinted, it is pretty good, non-greasy. I purchased it from a skin care clinic.
I have also heard that the one from Dior, which was mentioned on some posts here, is great as well.

TC,
G

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I have used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and liked it very much. I actually like all of Laura Mercier foundations, they just do not cover as much as I would like.

I am a Dior fan-
and love the coverage I get. I have never used Dior's tinted moisturizer, but I bet it is good.

If I were you I would go to Sephora and sample both Laura Mercier and Dior's tinted moisturizers. You get fairly good size samples and you could try them both for awhile and see which works better for your skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I've used Dior's TM but thought it was too dewey and glowy (sparkly) for me. I like a more matte/natural finish I guess. The colors were good tho. You can always mix a regular foundation with Sunscreen or primer or moisturizer if you find the color that suits you....that's always the clincher for me...hard to match colors.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
290 Posts
daughter swears by laura mercier's and I, Lancome. I dust with just a little bare escentuals. the look is flawless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts