Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i want to create a vitamin c serum for myself! =) i want to incorporate some product that calms and soothes( i heard rose hip) along with the effects of vitamin c. im new to face care beyond masques/moisturizers/cleansers. is there any tutorials anyone recommends?

i have mild acne, combo skin, sensitive skin :S are serums can be used by my type of skin? im somewhat afraid of he word serum cuz iv felt serums.. they felt oily and i already have oily skin. im not sure about face serums tho.. i deff want to try this!

can i just pick some ingredients whos effects would suit me? or do some products only mix with some??

aaaaaaa

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You could substitute rosehip seed oil for the jojoba in a small amount, but it's best to not add too many other ingredients to a C serum, per Kassy our expert on C serum here. It affects the absorption into the skin. Save the other ingredients for a serum AFTER the C serum if you must.

Argan oil is a nice light oil for oily skin that sinks in quickly and doesn't leave an oily film but moisturizes well.

Good luck!
No tutorials yet here but many many threads on DIY C serum.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post64990

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
okay so i want to create a vitamin c serum for myself! =) i want to incorporate some product that calms and soothes( i heard rose hip) along with the effects of vitamin c. im new to face care beyond masques/moisturizers/cleansers. is there any tutorials anyone recommends?

i have mild acne, combo skin, sensitive skin :S are serums can be used by my type of skin? im somewhat afraid of he word serum cuz iv felt serums.. they felt oily and i already have oily skin. im not sure about face serums tho.. i deff want to try this!

can i just pick some ingredients whos effects would suit me? or do some products only mix with some??

aaaaaaa
I don't think you will have a problem at all with the Vit C serum. I have combo/sensitive skin and extremely acne prone, I am currently usisng the C serum with jojoba oil in it and absolutely love it!! No matter which recipe you choose for your serum, you should have no problem. I have used many recipes and never had a break out or any kind of irritation what so ever.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay great. so i could make serums for different things? hm okay that sounds nice.

im looking at the web site "bulkactive.com" and there are categories for all types of skin issues. could i make a serum for each issue ? like couldn't i make a acne serum and wear it at night along with my vitamin c serum? what makes a serum a serum?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Uh..I would stick with one serum at a time just starting out with the DIY thing. It can get addictive, but you really should master one and use it a while before adding many other ingredients. You won't know what you are reacting to if you start having problems with your skin.

A serum is a thin clear fluid with actives in it that's used after cleansing and before moisturizer. A C serum is a good place to start and should do a world of good. You may not need any other serums. Good luck!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okaay =)

untill i learn more about serums and other ingredients, im using neutrogena ageless intensive tone correcting concentrated serum. it has essential soy, retinol|SA(neut~'s own "mix" which supposedly works for up to 12h) and "pure vitamin c".......... idk about this :p also has fragrance..dont like that :x idk tho, iv used products here and there with fragrance all my life and discontinue products that suck. its only been one night that iv used my new serum but i swear my skins already on the trail to looking fiiiiiiine , im real fascinated!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts