Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to somehow promote hair growth?

My hair currently touches my shoulders. However, the top is a lot shorter from having my hair razored in the past. I'd really like to grow it out long again.

I usually wash and condition my hair every other day. I also flat iron it but apply a heat protection spray before doing so. Also, since I've heard that massaging the scalp stimulates hair growth I've began to do so.

Any growth tips? Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it possible to somehow promote hair growth?

My hair currently touches my shoulders. However, the top is a lot shorter from having my hair razored in the past. I'd really like to grow it out long again.

I usually wash and condition my hair every other day. I also flat iron it but apply a heat protection spray before doing so. Also, since I've heard that massaging the scalp stimulates hair growth I've began to do so.

Any growth tips? Thank you in advance!!
That is also my problem but so far using natural shampoo or mild shampoo will prevent hair loss and restore the natural beauty of your hair. So if you are not a sweaty person. Use shampoo every other day.

YouTube - Sunsilk Commercial Ad - Philippines

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Take Biotin and other B vitamins.
Exercise.
Eat Well.
Massage your Scalp daily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get a hair cut! I know it sounds counter-productive but trust me a good trim will make your hair heakthier andd so it grows faster!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi...hair growth isn't determined outside the scalp. It's determined by the follicle and how it's programmed.

Cutting your hair has absolutely nothing to do with how fast it grows or how thick it will get.
It's truly an old wives' tale.

Hair does tend to grow a bit faster in the warmer months.

Hormones will affect its growth, illness, medication, etc.

Maintaining good health and eating well allows all body parts to work better..including the follicles in the skin.

h2u

·
Registered
60 Posts
Believe it or not, My hair ( and nails) started growing when I started taking Iron vitamins.

Trust me, I have taken all kinds of vitamins throughout the years.
Iron and Zinc work best for me.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
hi, rub a little olive oil or almond oil to your hair. massage well into scalp n leave overnite. wash the next day, trust me it will work wonders to your hair. not only will the oil make it grow but leave it looking healthy and shiny. for best results, do this twice a week n let me know ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
pumi,
Quote: Originally Posted by

hi, rub a little olive oil or almond oil to your hair. massage well into scalp n leave overnite. wash the next day, trust me it will work wonders to your hair. not only will the oil make it grow but leave it looking healthy and shiny. for best results, do this twice a week n let me know ;-)

Cool. Thank you.

Any particular olive oil or almond oil that you would recommend?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have used a shampoo called Biotene H-24 which contains Biotin and other vitamins. You can buy the shampoo only or go for the set of shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment. I also take BioSil capsules - which are for your skin, hair & nails. (Don't buy the drops -- it tastes yucky.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree with everyone who said take vitamins or supplements for hair, skin, and nails. It works best for hair growth.

·
Registered
168 Posts
salinababie, what kind of vitamins do you use?
I don't take any because, my hair is really thick and grows fast. When I was pregnant you know how you have to take prenatal vitamins. Well I noticed faster growth in my hair and nails, which is why I recommended it. So I'm not really sure which ones to take. But I do think some kind of nail,skin,hair supplement will help. Try going to GNC for supplements.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 359 Posts