Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi...hair growth isn't determined outside the scalp. It's determined by the follicle and how it's programmed.

Cutting your hair has absolutely nothing to do with how fast it grows or how thick it will get.
It's truly an old wives' tale.

Hair does tend to grow a bit faster in the warmer months.

Hormones will affect its growth, illness, medication, etc.

Maintaining good health and eating well allows all body parts to work better..including the follicles in the skin.

h2u
so true. my nana always has told me, if you want your hair to grow, dont cut it. period. im growing out my hair now and i havent had it cut at all in 2 months, and i see a difference. Plus ive started taking a few different vitamins, vitamin b-complex, vitamin e, MSM (good for muscles, skin, hair)
i dont excercise much... which i probably should, but my hair is still growing lol

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've found that since taking a supplement of Omega 3 6 9 3x/day, my hair is growing faster & there is more of it. Other people have remarked on the difference too. An added benefit is that the whites of my eyes are brighter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey fawnie, any nice swallow gels you can recommend me? I like them capsules or gelcaps. cos i buy them bath soaps from iherb its a reallllllly EXCELLENT company in shipping, SOOOOO FAST IN ONE DAY i get my orders!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
MSM - (Methylsulfonylmethane).

It's an organosulfur compound. Trust me this speeds up hair-growth. Go on any hair-loss websites an this is generally part of their intense regimens.

You can get it in your local chemist. I take about 3 grams a day. I've seen people take up to 8 grams. Think you can take as much as you want really.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pre-Natal vitamins. I have been told by my doctor friend that they are perfectly safe to take in intervals. Your hair and nails absolutely grow fast!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hey - all you folks knowledgeable about MSM -

Is it also good for hair thinning or just for the rate of hair growth? Mine has been thinning because of stress, hormones, age, who knows. I have MSM in combo with the glucosamine that I take for my bones, but I'll boost the MSM intake if it will help my hair density.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Don't know about density mireckca, but mine grows length-wise very fast. For some ppl MSM causes the hair to shed, and this happens to me at high doses of 3000mg/day, so.....
What about Rogaine for density of growth? It's made in a half-strength version for women I see.

HaHA DL - can't you see the druggists scratching their heads at the run on Pre-Natal Vitamins now! "Whoa! Must've been a FULL MOON lately!"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What about Rogaine for density of growth? It's made in a half-strength version for women I see.
Awhile ago I did look at the OTC (over the counter) version and noticed that it was formulated for men.

Hmmmm, so the version for women is half-strength - interesting. I have not seen it on the shelf here in Canada yet. Maybe I'll see if it can be ordered on-line from the US. It may end up as just one more thing on my list of things to pick up when I cross the border next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't know about density mireckca, but mine grows length-wise very fast. For some ppl MSM causes the hair to shed, and this happens to me at high doses of 3000mg/day, so.....

HaHA DL - can't you see the druggists scratching their heads at the run on Pre-Natal Vitamins now! "Whoa! Must've been a FULL MOON lately!"
Actually the Full Moon is tomorrow ... *The Snow Moon* I wish we had a werewolf smiley ~ visualize it

21 - 40 of 359 Posts