Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I take Vitamin C 1000 mg and MSM 1500mg a day and my hair grows like mad. It makes my nails hard too.
Great! that's just what i need, want to grow my hair (always wear hair extensions) and my nails break as soon as they grow and split before they even start ...i have to put plasters on until it grows out, my nails are so weak!
Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Cutting the hair in the new moon is sposed to help thicken it...thanks for the idea DL about the Full Moon Mania!! aaaaaaOOOOOOOOOO! (Werewolf call)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
576 Posts
Cutting the hair in the new moon is sposed to help thicken it...thanks for the idea DL about the Full Moon Mania!! aaaaaaOOOOOOOOOO! (Werewolf call)
REALLY?!!!!! Hmmm ...i kept on thinking to get it trimmed over the weekend too. Darn ...
<---- that would hurt!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here's some info on cutting your hair by the phases of the moon: Astrology: Cutting Your Hair By The Phases Of The Moon

I had it wrong all this time: Cutting in the Full Moon makes it thicker. Cutting in the New Moon makes it longer. So you're good to go, DL!
This is really cool!
We should post this on the astrology thread I began back in ...hmmmm maybe December ... if it still exists. I love studying astrology!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dont go by full moons, new moons, i just cut when i feel its time to cut my hair or to thin it out more in layered cut,tappered cut, cos my hair gets too thick in a couple weeks or so.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This is really cool!
We should post this on the astrology thread I began back in ...hmmmm maybe December ... if it still exists. I love studying astrology!
OK cool! DragonLilly will now schedule our haircuts according to the moon!!! Scrolling back to DEC to read your astrology thread.....

Excellent use of smilies DL!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
what does it say about us Taurus's and ox's?
Here ya go Lavender:

To Grow Your Hair Thicker & Fuller

Trim ends during the Full Moon especially when the Full Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. The Full Moon in Leo is especially beneficial since Leo is the sign of the Lion which is born with a full lush mane.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Here ya go Lavender:

To Grow Your Hair Thicker & Fuller

Trim ends during the Full Moon especially when the Full Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. The Full Moon in Leo is especially beneficial since Leo is the sign of the Lion which is born with a full lush mane.
Hmmm..Interesting!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

I dont know anyways to grow your hair faster..lol. I think in order to see your growth you have to product health hair. Its very important to take care of the ends. These are the oldest part and need the most care. IF you ends are being cut of the most, it may be hard to see the growth due to the loss. Keep in mind that hair is always growing, in order to see the changes its important to retain the growth rather than losing it. I take vitamins like biotin and I think it helps but I cant promise. Its just s habit I got from hair forum website.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Kiss, I think so too! Good nutrition and adequate protein intake is necessary to grow hair, skin, nails...everything!! And biotin is a good hair vitamin! I take Bio-Sil supplements and see good growth. Get the pill form though...the drops taste nasty and smell like fish....ew.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I can't help wondering when we take proteins to help hair growth, doesn't this affect body hairs and facial hairs too...?

The protein supplement will surely make these hair grow too which is a pain??

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I can't help wondering when we take proteins to help hair growth, doesn't this affect body hairs and facial hairs too...?

The protein supplement will surely make these hair grow too which is a pain??
No, I don't notice any increase in facial hair. I think that the facial hair follicles are more dependent on hormonal factors. Like the fact that putting Rogaine on your face will not cause the facial hair to grow. I tried it with my eyebrows and it did nada.

DL is right about the prenatal vitamins...they make you look like Rapunzel!!!
Lots of folic acid, biotin, and good stuff in there!!! (Wonder if it would work with guys' hair too....? Or would they be too shy to try it?!)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No, I don't notice any increase in facial hair. I think that the facial hair follicles are more dependent on hormonal factors. Like the fact that putting Rogaine on your face will not cause the facial hair to grow. I tried it with my eyebrows and it did nada.

Lots of folic acid, biotin, and good stuff in there!!! (Wonder if it would work with guys' hair too....? Or would they be too shy to try it?!)
Their hair would grow like Rapunzel, then they use it to weave into a mop on top of their head a la The Donald. He he

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

I see coz I was quite worried about taking proteins supplements for hair. My hubby bought me some last year but I've not touched a single one yet! I was scared that they may increase my body and facial hairs too

But I don't mind looking like Rapunzel though!

·
Registered
412 Posts
My hair goes into shedding phases and gobs gome out when I comb it through after a shower. Scares me. Then it stops. I know that is the normal process. I take biotin. I started to see a very slight thinning at my part and at the top of my temples, but when I look at people my age, seems normal and they have the same thing or even worse! I dont really think there is much you can do topically.

41 - 60 of 359 Posts