Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I've been lurking on this forum for many months now, trying to digest all the wisdom that has been dispelled in the forum for over a decade now! I myself am South Asian (Dravidian) and have multiple skin tones and so my pigmentation is varied and uneven. So I think that it's best to start off with a couple of weekly lactic acid peels, before going onto lightening products, where I am thinking of using HQ/RA.

I have a couple of questions

1) Is it okay to use a DIY lactic acid lotion (would appreciate tips on what concentration to use for this) while also using a lactic acid peel once a week? I think from what I've read here I probably shouldn't use it a day before the peel and a couple of days after
2) Is using Kojie San soap to wash face / body every day in the shower a good idea. I'm aware that lactic and kojic acid can be very strong and maybe this is an unwise idea, but I have read of other users doing this
3) Is it a good idea to use a Korea Italy Towel during this?

It's important not to overexfoliate when doing all this, and so I would love to hear your thoughts

I appreciate that everyones skin is different and will respond differently, but some general guidance on how to get started and experimenting with what works best for me would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would be a good idea to first target hyperpigmentation and make the skintone as even as possible before lightening it (if you lighten the entire body/face at once the hyperpigmentation/dark spots would still be there except slightly lighter but the rest of the lighter areas will also be lighter)

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. I recommend using AmLactin lotion
2. Avoid using it on your face as its very drying and use it on your body in the shower and leave it on for 5 mins before washing
3. KIT is not as effective when you use soap so use KIT first to roll off the dead skin then apply Koji san later

What is your current shade and what is your goal shade?
Depending on your goals, it may also a good idea to take supplements and use skin lightening creams

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Where do you get your lactic acid peels from??
I use MUAC have purchased from them for years. Be sure to click on their daily deals because they offer 20% off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It would be a good idea to first target hyperpigmentation and make the skintone as even as possible before lightening it (if you lighten the entire body/face at once the hyperpigmentation/dark spots would still be there except slightly lighter but the rest of the lighter areas will also be lighter)
Thanks for this tip. Are you suggesting to exfoliate, using kojic soap and lactic acid lotion, on darker parts of the face( such as the sides and forehead ) before moving on to skin lighteners?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for this tip. Are you suggesting to exfoliate, using kojic soap and lactic acid lotion, on darker parts of the face( such as the sides and forehead ) before moving on to skin lighteners?
If thats where you have hyperpigmentation then yes! Do these areas first and than after it lightens and you have an even skin tone you can apply it all over

1 - 8 of 8 Posts