Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, any suggestions on how to get rid of tired, puffy and dark circle eyes?
I recently tried Lancome "secret de vie" eye cream, not working well...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Place a potato slice on each eyes and leave for 10- 15mins. Then, wash eyes with cold water. This should help eliminate puffiness from what I have read.

HTH

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have read somewhere that one should avoid dairy products when having dark circles/puffiness as these aggravate the condition.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have read somewhere that one should avoid dairy products when having dark circles/puffiness as these aggravate the condition.
Could be. Food allergies in addition to environmental allergies can do it.
Have you tried Vanillyx eye cream for circles? You have to use it faithfully for 3-5 weeks twice a day but it does fade them.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Something I do is cut a cotton cosmetic pad in half and dunk it in a mild salt solution, put it on the puggy part and lie down for about 10-15 minutes...hope it works. Sea salt is better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No need to spend money...here ya go...

Nature's best ingredients for removing puffy eyes are cucumber and potato. Take a small raw potato or cucumber, slice it into small pieces and blend to a fine consistency. Strain the excess juice and reserve the pulp. Make a cup of basil tea and mix it well with the pulp. Pour the mixture into ice tray and freeze it. Whenever you have puffy or red eyes, dab the ice cube on your closed eyes for some time. Rinse your eyelids gently and pat dry.

Use your middle finger and gently press along the eyebrow and around the eye socket. This will stimulate the lymphatic system and help drain excess fluid. The swelling will reduce.

Or you can take a rounded metal spoon and place it in your fridge for few minutes. When it gets cold, take it out and hold the rounded portion against your eye for few minutes. This helps in reducing the puffiness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find Aloe Vera and also Elderflower eye gel gently applied on my eyelids and under them before I go to sleep and first thing in the morning very effective . Better to close your eyes when applying as it can sting a bit if it gets in your eyes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be sure to know what eye gels and creams can be applied on to the eyelid or directly under the eye. Make sure to put it on the orbital bone or it could cause irritation since eye creams and gels can move. Ask your sales associate before doing so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts