Skin Care Talk banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
@ Shenice....I continued to peel another week after the major peeling that occurred a week after the TCA so I'm still using Eucerin Repair cream.I will continue using Amlactin on hands when everything settles down.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
@ Shenice....I continued to peel another week after the major peeling that occurred a week after the TCA so I'm still using Eucerin Repair cream.I will continue using Amlactin on hands when everything settles down.
Hi Mulberry :wavey: how are things looking?? I hope you are starting to see improvements!! I saw a thread earlier today and I thought.......awwhh this member needs some advice from Mulberry ;) if I find the thread I will @mention you to it.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
ook hun I finally bought the eucerin repair cream can I use it to moisturise my skin whiles am peeling or it might be too strong for the new skin

·
Registered
386 Posts
ook hun I finally bought the eucerin repair cream can I use it to moisturise my skin whiles am peeling or it might be too strong for the new skin
Which one did you buy? The Aquaphor healing ointment is what I normally use right after my peel it's very mild and calms the skin instantly.I've been using the soothing repair cream because my hands are micro peeling now...and when I want to be a little greasy the ointment. Whichever you bought they are both really good.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I am as happy as can be with my hands they are still micro peeling even after 3 weeks can you believe that !! just my face giving me a whole Lotta trouble. It's one zit after another...I normally get this "kind" of zits when Aunt Fanny comes knocking,  just not sure what's going on I'm getting them a lot now.Even the good old LA peel is not working :( Sure Gymmie let me know when you get a hold of that thread happy to help out where I can.. Which one did you buy? The Aquaphor healing ointment is what I normally use right after my peel it's very mild and calms the skin instantly.I've been using the soothing repair cream because my hands are micro peeling now...and when I want to be a little greasy the ointment. Whichever you bought they are both really good.
I bought the soothing repair cream

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I am as happy as can be with my hands they are still micro peeling even after 3 weeks can you believe that !! just my face giving me a whole Lotta trouble. It's one zit after another...I normally get this "kind" of zits when Aunt Fanny comes knocking,  just not sure what's going on I'm getting them a lot now.Even the good old LA peel is not working :( Sure Gymmie let me know when you get a hold of that thread happy to help out where I can.. Which one did you buy? The Aquaphor healing ointment is what I normally use right after my peel it's very mild and calms the skin instantly.I've been using the soothing repair cream because my hands are micro peeling now...and when I want to be a little greasy the ointment. Whichever you bought they are both really good.
As I knew you would, I found the thread, and @mentioned you on it. If you don't see it let me know, I point you in the right direction. And as always, thank you!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you go to a reputable office to have a TCA done they shouldn't use a product too strong for you. Google the place before going, and always just take a good look around the place and listen to your gut
I purchased a 40% LA peel from MUAC a while back and I was very pleased with the quality of their product. However, 40% LA didn't do much for my skin. This thread has me tempted to buy a TCA peel from MUAC, but going from 40% LA to TCA seems like a big jump for an inexperienced user.

I am still very interested in the vi peel, which supposedly has TCA in it? As soon as I get the money, I'm gonna try that for my face.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
   I purchased a 40% LA peel from MUAC a while back and I was very pleased with the quality of their product. However, 40% LA didn't do much for my skin. This thread has me tempted to buy a TCA peel from MUAC, but going from 40% LA to TCA seems like a big jump for an inexperienced user.  I am still very interested in the vi peel, which supposedly has TCA in it? As soon as I get the money, I'm gonna try that for my face. 
LA peels work differently than TCA. LA you use higher % then what you would use for a TCA. Don't let the % confuse you use. The acids are very different. LA peel penetrates the epidermis only. It's a great peel for beginners. TCA........much more intense. It penetrates the epidermis, into the upper layers of the dermis which is why you get a deeper peel and sometimes requires the down time. You would use a much lower % of TCA than what you would use of LA. Yes, MUAC products/peels can't be beat!! I've always had great success with their peels. And yes, there is a low % of TCA in a Vi Peel, as well as salicylic acid.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
My travel schedule finally calmed down sufficiently to allow for a shoulder and arm peel last night. I did two layers of 15%. I frosted a bit on my shoulders but decided not to push it more. Last year I found that my shoulders and arms don't frost the way my face does (anyone else experience this?) so I didn't want to push it too hard. I feel a bit sunburned at the moment, but its not too bad. I'll see how this round goes and, if I need to add another layer, I'll do it next time.

I'm hoping to do my face in early March. I didn't want to be a peeling/molting mess for Valentine's Day/my birthday/my fiance's birthday, which are all happening in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does this thing look trustworthy or too good to be true? This looks really inticing but I first wanted to hear what y'all think of it first :http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PZ4LT4M/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1424017943&sr=8-6&pi=SL75&keywords=Cocktail+skin+peel

·
Registered
204 Posts
And yes, there is a low % of TCA in a Vi Peel, as well as salicylic acid.
I finally got a TCA peel done at a spa but something is off. The woman doing my peel said they would apply two layers of 15% TCA. After the peel she put some moisturizer and sunscreen on my face and told me to wash the peel off the next morning. I followed her directions. It has been seven days since I got the peel and I haven't experienced any peeling at all. No peeling, tightening, darkening, itchiness,etc. Only a very small spot on my face flaked a little. I'm talking 1% flaking by my chin. Which looks like grey-ish dirt/dead skin cells.

I had similar experience when I used Maxi Peel 3 in few years ago when that was popular on SCT. Just a tiny bit of flaking and little burning around the mouth but no dramatic peeling results with MP3 like others on this forum experience. I've used 0.1% tretinoin gel last year which only gave me a little flaking and burning around the mouth and nothing else.

I also wore moisturizer, sunscreen and a hat the covers my entire face from the sun everyday. Either my skin is super resilient (seems highly unlikely since TCA is supposed to be the strongest peel) or I got ripped off. She told me I should come back in a month and get a detox peel (Lactic, Glycolic, and Salicylic Acid) to get rid of me black heads. But I refuse to pay $85 for that after the TCA peel she performed on me didn't work at all. So tired of wasting money!

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I finally got a TCA peel done at a spa but something is off. The woman doing my peel said they would apply two layers of 15% TCA. After the peel she put some moisturizer and sunscreen on my face and told me to wash the peel off the next morning. I followed her directions.  It has been seven days since I got the peel and I haven't experienced any peeling at all. No peeling, tightening, darkening, itchiness,etc. Only a very small spot on my face flaked a little. I'm talking 1% flaking by my chin. Which looks like grey-ish dirt/dead skin cells. I had similar experience when I used Maxi Peel 3 in few years ago when that was popular on SCT. Just a tiny bit of flaking and little burning around the mouth but no dramatic peeling results with MP3 like others on this forum experience. I've used 0.1% tretinoin gel last year which only gave me a little flaking and burning around the mouth and nothing else.   I also wore moisturizer, sunscreen and a hat the covers my entire face from the sun everyday. Either my skin is super resilient (seems highly unlikely since TCA is supposed to be the strongest peel) or I got ripped off.  She told me I should come back in a month and get a detox peel (Lactic, Glycolic, and Salicylic Acid) to get rid of me black heads. But I refuse to pay $85 for that after the TCA peel she performed on me didn't work at all. So tired of wasting money! :soap:
I've never know anyone to apply a TCA and leave it on over night that alone is not normal procedure. But, nonetheless, 15% is very mild. A TCA would help with blackheads etc as well. Not sure where you had this done at, but I wouldn't go back that's for sure!! Waste of time and money. Try finding a Derms office to have your peels done, they will have much more knowledge than a "spa".

·
Registered
50 Posts
@gymrat Thank u very much for pointing me to right direction.
My tattoo is almost gone, even the birthmark i used it to cover is visibly lighter. I have just two more peels to do.
You are the best

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
@gymrat   Thank u very much for pointing me to right direction. My tattoo is almost gone, even the birthmark i used it to cover is visibly lighter. I have just two more peels to do. You are the best  :goldcup:  
Awwhh, so glad to hear this!! What % did you end up going with?? And did your tattoo have color to it?? And did you single layer or double layer the peel?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Awwhh, so glad to hear this!! What % did you end up going with?? And did your tattoo have color to it?? And did you single layer or double layer the peel?
I bought 24%. My tattoo is black. I usually do double layer and live it on for 30 minutes before neutralizing.
I would apply first layer wait for 15 minutes then double it and wait for another 15 minutes.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I bought 24%. My tattoo is black. I usually do double layer and live it on for 30 minutes before neutralizing. I would apply first layer wait for 15 minutes then double it and wait for another 15 minutes.
Glowbeauty, you can apply the first layer, wait 5 mins, then apply your second layer, wait another 5-7 mins. 24%........good for you!! I've used TCA on a friends tattoo but hers has color, which is harder to remove, so they say. Keep at girl, keep at it :five:

101 - 120 of 124 Posts