Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Any good suggestions of such creams?
HI Bella!

Well, it really depends on the condition of your skin and what you want to accomplish.
Wrinkles? sag? uneven tone? fine lines?

If you just have some crows'feet that you want to smooth out, you could use ViperVenom (a tripeptide) or argireline, both of which are topical and temporarily keep the muscles from working in targeted areas, like Botox without needles. They aren't long-lasting and have to be applied daily. If you don't like needles, you won't like Botox!

If you have fine lines and uneven tone, Retin-A + Vit C are your friends.

If you have sag, get going with the facial exercises!
Hope this might help you in some way.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
fawnie could i try on of these for my eye lines to stop them getting worse and fade them i hate them and dont want to end up with crows feet and have a dread of them getting worse! otherwise i have been looking at beauty society makes and the hydropeptide intensive concentrate anti aging corrective creme and the earth essentials products for eye creams but they all get bit confusing after while! Thankyou

Bella good luck with choosing the products that are best for you some good review sites for cream brand are Cosmetics, Hairstyles, Skin Care, Beauty Products Reviews, Advice, and Tips from Total Beauty Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage Smart Skin Care - Intelligent Rejuvenation Through Science!

There is also a link on the site so you can make up your own vit c serum to use with the retinol product you pick too!
NY,
Haha! I think you are trying to do it all and it can't be done!
Just stick to the basics: Retin-A or Green Cream, C serum, sunscreen and do facial exercises and you WILL NOT need Botox! It looks unnatural. IMO.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Chelsie, I'm glad that I can at least prevent one of you... 'cause this is very scary s**t!

Fawnie, even though it looks unnatural, I REALLY miss it, at least I did not have the deep line between the eyes, the 3rd eye
I had to chose between pain, losing my eye sight or looking good
I know Marie! It's a quick fix and sooooo addicting! But honestly, you can get more lasting results from exercises and remodeling agents (Retin-A, Copper Peptides, vit C serum)....sounding like a broken record?

To me, it's like the difference between a snort of cocaine and good health practices: they both give you energy, but one of the choices is more long-lasting and better for you!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie i know im trying to do it all its just me im afraid, not looking at botox just dont want my eye line to develop if you get me! So was thinking eye cream might be good! OK though il wait for results on green cream, did you use this on your neck as well, was thinking dont need this as much on me neck but was not sure, sorry know im changing subject here!
Neck is fine but it tends to get irritated easily so go slowly.
Don't forget the chest area too!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Chelsie, Is it like the peptide ViperVenom in that you have to use it for at least 30 days to see results???

I gave up on VV - too many products to use gets me all confused....I'm relying on Retin-A to do its magik!! But I may add it back if I need it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm a Trade Show *****!!! I love them!!! It's just like a candy store for big grrrls. April is coming up so fast though. I probably will sit this year out. Please let me know how it was!!!! I hope you bring back some great ideas!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It looks like NY is right. Argireline may cause facial sagging. Here's some info:

"There is one more concern worth mentioning. Botox injections target specific muscles, whereas Argireline (if it indeed works) is likely to relax most of your face. And while Argireline may reduce wrinkles, it may also, in theory, increase facial sag because the neurotransmitters whose release Argireline inhibits, help maintain facial firmness. Notably, a popular firming skin care ingredient DMAE firms by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters and increasing facial tension, i.e. by producing roughly the opposite effect to Argireline. Whether Argireline may indeed contribute to facial sag has not been studied. Until more is known, people prone to facial sag should approach Argireline with caution and monitor their facial firmness while on it."

Acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline): an alternative to Botox or wishful thinking in a jar?

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I dunno! I don't think I want to find out! Have you used argireline?

These peptides are so cutting edge and sexy now, but I believe we need to be careful with some of them. Copper peptides did me more harm than good: sagging wrinkled skin that took forever to undo.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie just so i know what about matrix etc i know i found a webiste that i was gonna try out some of some peptides on me boyfriend but may be none of them are worth it!

In my experience though you can go to the best doctor and even they make mistakes! The amount of idiots that i have been to see for health reasons that have been top of the range doctors, and yes i did my research and know that they are meant to be good but will just go ahead and do sometimes stupid things! Personally i dont think botox or any of this is worth the risk of your damaging your health for!
HoHO NY!! You were going to make a guinea pig of your poor boyfriend????
Naughty girl!!

And yes, you are right about that: even the most highly-qualified, well-recommended surgeons can botch things. I have experienced that myself, sadly.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
We look to you as our tester, Mari!

We don't get good reception here in the cave, so I don't see all the new commercials, infomercials and shopping network stuff about skin products and makeup.....=( I quit subscribing to the glossy fashion mags too, so I don't know what's going on anymore....Just pluggin away with the old Retin-A, vit C and sunscreen....Please let me know if anything works that comes up on the horizon!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I don't think we have an Avon lady here -- to far to walk from farm to farm.
Ha! You are such a wit and a half!!!!! ROFL

Actually I've seen pictures of those farms around Ste Anne's Spa and they don't look anything like the mega-hog farms we have down here in Corn&Beans, IL!!
You are absolutely in the lap of luxury up there!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ok. Let me get this straight: the Spa has a haunted inn near it? Does that ever freak out the clients?

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute: "the spirits reproduce"???? WTF??

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Do you guys think animal testing in products is a bad thing, or is this ok to do? Personally i dont want to buy stuff tested on animals, but however am impressed with stuff lancome come out with!
Well, NY, You are perfectly right to be concerned about animal testing of cosmetics.

>Would you like to be caged and have your head restrained while chemicals were applied to your eyes? Like a rabbit.
>Or have your back shaved and have chemicals applied that may or may not be painful? Like a rat.
I'll spare you the gruesome pictures.

Animal testing of cosmetics is not necessary. There are brands that do NOT test on animals that are perfectly fine:

Cruelty Free Shopping Guide: animal testing: companies and products to support/avoid

Skin | care | talk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts