Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Chelsie, I'm glad you made a smart choice 'cause this is very scary s**t!
Back then these informations weren't available.

Fawnie, even though it looks unnatural, I REALLY miss it, at least I did not have the deep line between the eyes, the 3rd eye
I had to chose between pain, losing my eye sight or looking good

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That is a very good analogy Fawnie! Unfortunately I can't tell you about it, my only addiction is to try to stay fit & pretty LOL. that is the hardest thing. oh ya, I don't have vices, I don't drink, don't smoke, no drugs', no pills, no coffee, no cola, no chips, boring isn't it! haaaaa but almost a saint
ho yes I forgot, I'm only looking at good looking men
and addicted to this forum

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Domzanella, I like to hear about new things out there! I'm going to do my research on this one! and make sure it safe! I will like to hear if someone had done this?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Here's what I read about:
?NO-TOX? is officially known as Glabellar Furrow Relaxation, commonly called GFX. While Botox temporarily freezes muscle, GFX uses radio frequency waves to zap or knock out the specific nerves that can cause frowning, which results in less movement and fewer wrinkles.
Not to be confused with other radio frequency treatments, such as thermage, GFX isn't designed to tighten the skin on the outside, instead it's knocking out the nerves underneath. nd along with softening lines, the procedure is so nerve-specific that other facial muscles move as normal.
This means that the forehead is not rendered completely stiff, preventing that ?frozen? overly Botoxed look. Another bonus ? the procedure has the affect of lifting the inner eyebrow. As the ?frowning? nerves between the eyes are zapped, (those that make that annoying furrow between the brows) the inner eyebrow raises and can give the appearance of a more open, and consequently younger face.

This is a refinement of what cardiologists have been using for many years to treat heart patients. They touch the heart muscle with radio waves and it regulates the beat. With a small probe we can now go in and use this same technology on the face. Instead of stopping the heart muscle we are essentially stopping the facial muscles and ultimately preventing you from making a deep frown.?
Approved for use in the US a mere 6 months ago, NO-TOX, is becoming a popular favourite.

I am always concerned about procedures that are quite new and that have an almost permanent reaction,? he cautions. ?If you damage the wrong nerve you could have a droop or an uneven brow ? which could be permanent and difficult to sort out. You need to put yourself in the hands of real experts with the right equipment.?

This Doctor seems to be the only one who does this:
Dr Cameron Rokhsar is one of the leading GFX doctors in the US and is based in New York - call (212) 593-1818 or look at Fraxel Laser Treatment, Liposuction, Non surgical Nose Job & Eye Lift - Cosmetic Laser Skin Surgery in New York.

I personally will wait few years before doing this and see if there is not too many controversy about it

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was as much excited as you bfontana, I was telling everyone to get it! it was the best blablabla!..I was 40 and I sure look much younger after my first shot.

In 2000 there were no websites about the side effects. Nowadays there are no excuses.
I have already posted few links. I'm sure you have read this link about the woman who died of Botox in thread #3 and the other link about side effects. Just remember most of the side effects are not instantly, it will take few times or perhaps few years to realise it!
For my sister the side effects were suddenly and for me, after few shots.

I consider myself lucky that my pain is finally gone but it took almost 6 years of suffering. I hope you don't get bad surprises in few years.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I do agree with both of you Priscillahank and Josie, it's fabulous, I loved the result, I looked about 10 years younger! And it's addictive but for me it doesn't worth the side effects, all the pain I suffered that lasted all the years after.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I will repeat what IluvNY said: Can all you botox users remember this is a poison you are putting into your body and who know what sort of reactions you may get to this later in life! And this doesn't depend on recommendations, or certainly not a question about moderation or overdue, or just not for everyone! Sorry if I am offending someone, but I have suffered enough to keep repeating myself: POISON

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hoooo Gymrat, I knew you wouldn't take it personally and I have to confess: Even with all the pain I had from it, it is really errisistable, I need my shot!
Especially after seeing Oprah on Friday, when Jenny McCarthy said she had Botox and WOW does she look pretty! I really miss it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.