Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I wont comment fawnie but thanks! I do mean it though no offence to anyone who is them, getting crows feet, and when I do inspect myself can see couple of faint lines, Im still on the look out for good cream though! The more zapping of the lines i can do the better i say!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can see from all the responses that many people do not like Botox. I don't care for it.

If your heart is set on something of the sort, there is a new procedure called No-Tox. It still works with needles but, lasts alot longer and is, of course, more expensive. I won't explain the concept... just google no-tox (with the hyphen) and you will get the info you need.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Here's what I read about:
?NO-TOX? is officially known as Glabellar Furrow Relaxation, commonly called GFX. While Botox temporarily freezes muscle, GFX uses radio frequency waves to zap or knock out the specific nerves that can cause frowning, which results in less movement and fewer wrinkles.
Not to be confused with other radio frequency treatments, such as thermage, GFX isn't designed to tighten the skin on the outside, instead it's knocking out the nerves underneath. nd along with softening lines, the procedure is so nerve-specific that other facial muscles move as normal.
This means that the forehead is not rendered completely stiff, preventing that ?frozen? overly Botoxed look. Another bonus ? the procedure has the affect of lifting the inner eyebrow. As the ?frowning? nerves between the eyes are zapped, (those that make that annoying furrow between the brows) the inner eyebrow raises and can give the appearance of a more open, and consequently younger face.

This is a refinement of what cardiologists have been using for many years to treat heart patients. They touch the heart muscle with radio waves and it regulates the beat. With a small probe we can now go in and use this same technology on the face. Instead of stopping the heart muscle we are essentially stopping the facial muscles and ultimately preventing you from making a deep frown.?
Approved for use in the US a mere 6 months ago, NO-TOX, is becoming a popular favourite.

I am always concerned about procedures that are quite new and that have an almost permanent reaction,? he cautions. ?If you damage the wrong nerve you could have a droop or an uneven brow ? which could be permanent and difficult to sort out. You need to put yourself in the hands of real experts with the right equipment.?

This Doctor seems to be the only one who does this:
Dr Cameron Rokhsar is one of the leading GFX doctors in the US and is based in New York - call (212) 593-1818 or look at Fraxel Laser Treatment, Liposuction, Non surgical Nose Job & Eye Lift - Cosmetic Laser Skin Surgery in New York.

I personally will wait few years before doing this and see if there is not too many controversy about it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had Botox 3 times in the last year and I've never regretted having it. My face looks fab for a 30 years old (I'm 40) and everybody asks me what I do to keep my skin wrinkle free, my husband included.
The treatment is very quick (it takes minutes)and the results last for about 3-4 months.
The nurse who does it for me is really good and although my painthreshold is low, I can't complain for the uncomfortable feeling. I also used to suffer with strong tension migranes and Botox seems to alleviate them.
Altogether I really recommend it to anybody. Just opt for a more natural look and not the frozen one you sometimes see amongst celebrities.
I tried every possible cream on the market, and I still do, but Botox gives me results that no Retin A, Vit C and facials gave me before.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You should really research the long term side effects of botox, i know many doctors are now refusing to give botox injections cause of the long term side effects of them! There are many different anti aging products out there on the market that can give a botox effect without putting poison yes poison people into your body! Me personally i would be worried about the long term side effects this may give you!

If you live well eat well and protect yourself from early age botox should not be a necessary option for those of you considering it!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was as much excited as you bfontana, I was telling everyone to get it! it was the best blablabla!..I was 40 and I sure look much younger after my first shot.

In 2000 there were no websites about the side effects. Nowadays there are no excuses.
I have already posted few links. I'm sure you have read this link about the woman who died of Botox in thread #3 and the other link about side effects. Just remember most of the side effects are not instantly, it will take few times or perhaps few years to realise it!
For my sister the side effects were suddenly and for me, after few shots.

I consider myself lucky that my pain is finally gone but it took almost 6 years of suffering. I hope you don't get bad surprises in few years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have tried it it really depends where you put it . I had it injected into my frown lines between my eyes and it was a good effect but with my crows feets I ended up looking so different every one thourght I was sick. Every time I smiled I was aware that my eye area was really tight..So im never doing that again to my crows feet anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I absolutely love botox. Before I started doing it I had tension headaches in my forehead area from unintentionally raising my left eyebrow. My forehead is smoothe and no more headaches. My eyes are also symmetrical now. I think it's great.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I do agree with both of you Priscillahank and Josie, it's fabulous, I loved the result, I looked about 10 years younger! And it's addictive but for me it doesn't worth the side effects, all the pain I suffered that lasted all the years after.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I do agree with both of you Priscillahank and Josie, it's fabulous, I loved the result, I looked about 10 years younger! And it's addictive but for me it doesn't worth the side effects, all the pain I suffered that lasted all the years after.
I don't know why some women love the product and others have terrible results -- a co-worker went in for a Botox treatment -- she was off work for a week or so afterwards -- when she came back she looked like she had a stroke --- her face was slanted on one side. Maybe it's the doctors who do the procedure -- anyway after I saw her results I wouldn't take the chance.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Can all you botox users remember this is a poison you are putting into your body and who know what sort of reactions you may get to this later in life! Try facial excersies and retinol first before botox! You could be doing all sorts of damage to your body in later life! Surely health is more important than some wrinkles people!

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
With a well trained Dr. and one that is more on the conservative side of the procedure, Botox is amazing! I love it, and the results are worth every penny. I would definatley do your research on the Dr you plan to use. Don't just trust any yahoo!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks Mari to share what that poor woman went through, it's sad but it has to be said so people will think twice about Botox. Is she OK now?
It took about 6 months for her face to return to normal -- she's quite a beautiful woman and I never could understand why she wanted to correct -- to me were superficial lines.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mari that is awful!

I disagree event the best doctors can make mistakes and its not about where you are putting the botox its about the face its still flowing round your system and hence as mariepop said you may not get side effects straight away but at some point you will! More and more doctors are now saying no to botox to! Surely that says something!

Why not try other methods of anti aging like retinols and face excerises instead of using botox, which is sometimes seen as the easy option! Personally though i think botox makes women looks far older than what they are and never looks like even if you had the best surgen putting these injections into you, Yet this is just my opinion!

Good luck though to all you botox though, i do hope you never get any bad side effects from botox

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Mari that is awful!

I disagree event the best doctors can make mistakes and its not about where you are putting the botox its about the face its still flowing round your system and hence as mariepop said you may not get side effects straight away but at some point you will! More and more doctors are now saying no to botox to! Surely that says something!

Why not try other methods of anti aging like retinols and face excerises instead of using botox, which is sometimes seen as the easy option! Personally though i think botox makes women looks far older than what they are and never looks like even if you had the best surgen putting these injections into you, Yet this is just my opinion!

Good luck though to all you botox though, i do hope you never get any bad side effects from botox
With an experienced Dr doing botox you would never know if a person has had it done!! I can guarantee you see people everyday that have had botox and you would never know. I am curious as to what you think a person with having botex injections looks like? We are not talking plastic surgery we are talking botox. If it is done right, it doesn't change your face in anyway, other than smoothing your lines and who wouldn't want that? To say it makes a woman look "older" makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat i dont know im sure you are right some women you would never have had it done but however there have been loads of women through work who i have seen that they def have over done the botox and just looked awful from it! I suppose it just depends who has given the injections and how this reacts on your face! As i said though that is just my opinion! Anyway im off to bed have a good evening!

21 - 40 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.