Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
With an experienced Dr doing botox you would never know if a person has had it done!! I can guarantee you see people everyday that have had botox and you would never know. I am curious as to what you think a person with having botex injections looks like? We are not talking plastic surgery we are talking botox. If it is done right, it doesn't change your face in anyway, other than smoothing your lines and who wouldn't want that? To say it makes a woman look "older" makes no sense to me.
I think the real answer -- whether you agree or disagree with Botox -- is how and who injects it. I'd really depend on recommendations from anyone who has had the procedure.

·
Administrator
33,937 Posts
Gymrat i dont know im sure you are right some women you would never have had it done but however there have been loads of women through work who i have seen that they def have over done the botox and just looked awful from it! I suppose it just depends who has given the injections and how this reacts on your face! As i said though that is just my opinion! Anyway im off to bed have a good evening!
I believe in doing things in moderation. Most things in life that you "overdue" get negative results in the end. We are not saying go out and "overdue" yourself with botox injections. But for the women/men who want to get rid of the 11 in between their eyes, lines around their lips, botox is a great option. Is it for everyone? Of course not.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I will repeat what IluvNY said: Can all you botox users remember this is a poison you are putting into your body and who know what sort of reactions you may get to this later in life! And this doesn't depend on recommendations, or certainly not a question about moderation or overdue, or just not for everyone! Sorry if I am offending someone, but I have suffered enough to keep repeating myself: POISON

·
Administrator
33,937 Posts
I will repeat what IluvNY said: Can all you botox users remember this is a poison you are putting into your body and who know what sort of reactions you may get to this later in life! And this doesn't depend on recommendations, or certainly not a question about moderation or overdue, or just not for everyone! Sorry if I am offending someone, but I have suffered enough to keep repeating myself: POISON
no offense taken, like I said, it isn't for everyone. Thats why I support freedom of speech and choice!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hoooo Gymrat, I knew you wouldn't take it personally and I have to confess: Even with all the pain I had from it, it is really errisistable, I need my shot!
Especially after seeing Oprah on Friday, when Jenny McCarthy said she had Botox and WOW does she look pretty! I really miss it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey'all ... I am decidedly wary of injections, but does anyone have any exp on the Botox alternatives like Rejuviderm or Restylane?

Everytime you watch a makeover show (like 'Trial by Jury' here in Canada) they give them a shot of something & the women always look great!

I'm considdering a one-time treatment to mimimize a large horizontal wrinkle/crease in my forehead before my wedding next year.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
538 Posts
me too, I'm looking at restylane, I'm waiting to go to the anti aging show in a few weeks and get more info, or even maybe get something done on the spot..............but my husband will be with me, so I don't think it will happen, he does not beleive in that kind of stuff...............he said that I have the perfect face and body.................MEN, what do they know about beauty
....................we will see......................

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Chelsie i would do some research on the net personally before putting like that onto my face personally and see what side effects are, the thing is with things like this is it you may not side effects with these things straight away but you may do at some!

The main reason why i love my boyfriend is cause he is always the sensable one looking out for my best interest before i do anything crazy, then again i always do crazy stuff so!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Chelsie, Is it like the peptide ViperVenom in that you have to use it for at least 30 days to see results???

I gave up on VV - too many products to use gets me all confused....I'm relying on Retin-A to do its magik!! But I may add it back if I need it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
yes it's part the the Aloette line, hope it works................like Fawnie said it takes 30 days to see reuslts..................I'm o.k. with that.

the anti aging show is April 03,04 and 5th..can't wait..........You can get consultations, seminars, alternative medicine and so on..................

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm a Trade Show *****!!! I love them!!! It's just like a candy store for big grrrls. April is coming up so fast though. I probably will sit this year out. Please let me know how it was!!!! I hope you bring back some great ideas!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your too funny................yes I will bring lots of info and new stuff to share........I'm so excited about this, the last beauty show was in Montreal 10 years ago.........................

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I could not help reading the other day when i was looking at peptides such as matirx and argirelene on the one the diy i read that they were not selling argirlene anymore cause of the side effects of this product!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Fawnie: that sounds good, I'm using argireline it's called line relief and it has 15% agireline in it, too early to see results, it's been 2 days..............

thanks for the info!!!
I used Aloette Line Freeze -- it was amazing -- results were immediate -- but it was meant to be only a temporary solution. This product always sells out.

The show -- I may go -- where is it being held

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You grrrrls might be interested in this:

GoW Viper Venom 3% / .25 oz [sample]

Just read about it before you say "EEEEWWWW"/ I have used it.
What haven`t you tried .... maybe you should share your daily routine with us .... we can learn how you get George to kiss you, extract venom, --

wonder what your neighbours think about all the little bottles you have and the mixtures you brew.....

(Just kidding)

41 - 60 of 101 Posts