Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
what side effects with argireline?? it's still on the market?? Can't be worst than Botox..................Any thing yo put on your face has long term side effects unless you go organic...............every cream out there has chemicals that is not good for you........................

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It looks like NY is right. Argireline may cause facial sagging. Here's some info:

"There is one more concern worth mentioning. Botox injections target specific muscles, whereas Argireline (if it indeed works) is likely to relax most of your face. And while Argireline may reduce wrinkles, it may also, in theory, increase facial sag because the neurotransmitters whose release Argireline inhibits, help maintain facial firmness. Notably, a popular firming skin care ingredient DMAE firms by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters and increasing facial tension, i.e. by producing roughly the opposite effect to Argireline. Whether Argireline may indeed contribute to facial sag has not been studied. Until more is known, people prone to facial sag should approach Argireline with caution and monitor their facial firmness while on it."

Acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline): an alternative to Botox or wishful thinking in a jar?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Fawnie: it looks like nothing been proving yet..............I know that you only use it where wrinkles are, like crow's feet and upper lip, right??

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I dunno! I don't think I want to find out! Have you used argireline?

These peptides are so cutting edge and sexy now, but I believe we need to be careful with some of them. Copper peptides did me more harm than good: sagging wrinkled skin that took forever to undo.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must say these women are right when it comes to having a good skin regimen, BUT I have had botox many times and absolutely love it. You do have to repeatedly do it, but if you don't it's not like it will get worse! It just stops your motor nerve from hitting your sensory nerve. So when you think you are making a mean face and raising your eyes so forehead gets all wrinkled, it just doesn't. Your forehead and between your eyebrows are kind of frozen where they are, which I love because I tend to make a lot of facial expressions and I would rather have a smooth surface
But make sure to exfoliate once a week and always wash your face and use good moisturizers and eye cream. But no generic products or Apricot Scrubs! and don't trust everything you see on TV or here from someone who knows nothings about ingredients and skin care products! And I can promise you with everything I've ever learned (I'm a lisenced Aesthetician) there is no topical cream you can put on your face that will do what botox does. Good luck!

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
Hey'all ... I am decidedly wary of injections, but does anyone have any exp on the Botox alternatives like Rejuviderm or Restylane?

Everytime you watch a makeover show (like 'Trial by Jury' here in Canada) they give them a shot of something & the women always look great!

I'm considdering a one-time treatment to mimimize a large horizontal wrinkle/crease in my forehead before my wedding next year.

Any thoughts?
I have done Restylane and Juvederm. Not sure if that is what you meant when you said Rejuviderm.

Had better results with Juvederm. I bruised a little but nothing that couldn't be covered by makeup. If you are wanting to do this before your wedding, I would plan for a month or so before. It takes about a week or so to settle. Plus you are red right after, and a little swollen. I just went home with an ice pack and did my makeup and went on about my business. I have injections 2 times a year. It is worth every penny to me!
I have never had Restylane or Juvederm on my forehead. Botox is what I use for the crease between your eyes, if that is what you are referring too. I only do Juvederm for the nasolabial fold (smile lines) and a little on a few lines on my upper lip, not to enlarge my lips, but to smooth out a particular line. Caused by chewing on the side of my cheek, horrible habit I have!! I have never had a bad reaction or experience from injections it. Just do your homework on the Dr. doing the work, thats all.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie just so i know what about matrix etc i know i found a webiste that i was gonna try out some of some peptides on me boyfriend but may be none of them are worth it!

In my experience though you can go to the best doctor and even they make mistakes! The amount of idiots that i have been to see for health reasons that have been top of the range doctors, and yes i did my research and know that they are meant to be good but will just go ahead and do sometimes stupid things! Personally i dont think botox or any of this is worth the risk of your damaging your health for!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
chelsie i just think that if a lot of companys are not selling this product any more and if it causes facial sagging then personally i would proceed with caution!

Also yes some creams do have chemicals in it but however if you just use these with caution and dont go overboard then the face should be ok!Personally i think it put too much on your face this this is more likely to cause damage rather than using stuff sparingly!

Have you tryed using retin a on things like crows feet? Also if you massage these areas this will also help!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi just wondering are plant peptides okto use or not really? Especially cause i have now noticed that origans moistuizer creams are cheaper than biotherms so am thinking cheap is always the way to go!

However though am bit worried now cause they have perfume in there products, does anyone which one is the more natural and less on harsh on dry sensative prone skin?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Lordy! why aren't cosmentic ingredients thoroughly tested before they're allowed to be sold en masse! You pay big bucks for a cosmetic and possibly down the road you find that your face is really messed up because of an ingredient in the product -- in the meantime the original mfg. is probably out of business but has another cosmetic company under a different name! Ugh!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mari i did not mean origans has this in them but however i suppose you have to do research before using anything!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mari i did not mean origans has this in them but however i suppose you have to do research before using anything!
Yup, that's what I'm doing now, googling products -- unfortunately some are so new they aren't listed yet. When I need cosmetics I go into the city and there is a store there that has very knowledgeable cosmeticians -- usually they'll give you a sample to try if you ask.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie just so i know what about matrix etc i know i found a webiste that i was gonna try out some of some peptides on me boyfriend but may be none of them are worth it!

In my experience though you can go to the best doctor and even they make mistakes! The amount of idiots that i have been to see for health reasons that have been top of the range doctors, and yes i did my research and know that they are meant to be good but will just go ahead and do sometimes stupid things! Personally i dont think botox or any of this is worth the risk of your damaging your health for!
HoHO NY!! You were going to make a guinea pig of your poor boyfriend????
Naughty girl!!

And yes, you are right about that: even the most highly-qualified, well-recommended surgeons can botch things. I have experienced that myself, sadly.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It seems we all have a botch story to tell! Guinea pig, that is what we are to Dr and pharmaceutical Cie, they don't care, it's all about $

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I saw an ad on TV -- Avon was promoting a new wrinkle filler -- can't think of the name-- but the bottle was snazzy. Now that Botox has been given a negative press I'm sure there will be something new for improving wrinkles within the next few months -- just hope it will be well tested.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
We look to you as our tester, Mari!

We don't get good reception here in the cave, so I don't see all the new commercials, infomercials and shopping network stuff about skin products and makeup.....=( I quit subscribing to the glossy fashion mags too, so I don't know what's going on anymore....Just pluggin away with the old Retin-A, vit C and sunscreen....Please let me know if anything works that comes up on the horizon!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
We look to you as our tester, Mari!

We don't get good reception here in the cave, so I don't see all the new commercials, infomercials and shopping network stuff about skin products and makeup.....=( I quit subscribing to the glossy fashion mags too, so I don't know what's going on anymore....Just pluggin away with the old Retin-A, vit C and sunscreen....Please let me know if anything works that comes up on the horizon!!!
I don't think we have an Avon lady here -- to far to walk from farm to farm.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I don't think we have an Avon lady here -- to far to walk from farm to farm.
Ha! You are such a wit and a half!!!!! ROFL

Actually I've seen pictures of those farms around Ste Anne's Spa and they don't look anything like the mega-hog farms we have down here in Corn&Beans, IL!!
You are absolutely in the lap of luxury up there!!

Skin | care | talk

61 - 80 of 101 Posts