Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ha! You are such a wit and a half!!!!! ROFL

Actually I've seen pictures of those farms around Ste Anne's Spa and they don't look anything like the mega-hog farms we have down here in Corn&Beans, IL!!
You are absolutely in the lap of luxury up there!!
The farms are near the haunted inn -- when the spirits reproduce they move into the barns or silos.

(wit and a half)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ok. Let me get this straight: the Spa has a haunted inn near it? Does that ever freak out the clients?

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute: "the spirits reproduce"???? WTF??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie i just try to help him me boyfriend as he is very stressed prob due to going out with me for 6 years now and his job, i can already see the crows feet forming and the frown lines and yet sure he does not care, think it freaks me out more than him!

Ah the joys of true love!

Chelsie just stop using this it is give you any sort of reactions, its not worth it!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Anyhow in my mag i got this week they are talking about Restylane Vital Light which involves injects of hyaluronic acid to fill wrinkles! Obagi Blue Chemical peels! Collegen induction therapy that stimulates skin own collegan! Anyone thinking of getting No Tox apparently even though this has no chemicals in it its still waiting for FDA approval!

Anyway i know they are also talking about some of the companys using good active anti aging ingrendients, dont know if these are any good or not but ingrendients sound great!

I could not help being curious about some of lancomes new products they say it wont get rid of wrinkles but will smooth out and lift the skin they are even talking about doing individual prescreptions within next 10 years!

They also recommend some other products that are good for active ingrendients too! Just though id mention anyway what i found out!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Do you guys think animal testing in products is a bad thing, or is this ok to do? Personally i dont want to buy stuff tested on animals, but however am impressed with stuff lancome come out with!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are we talking about the new product

Anew Clinical Derma-Full X3 Facial Filling Serum

3X the level of dermatologistgrade hyaluronic acid* for filling and plumping. Use after PM cleansing, before moisturizing. 30 g

In just 3 days
Begins to fill in wrinkles for a smoother, younger look

In just 2 weeks**
82% of women saw more youthful-looking fullness in the cheek area

In 4 weeks
Dramatically reduces the look of deep facial folds and hollowness

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Chelsie yeah i have heard that the avon elixir the strong one coming out in Uk in oct does have active anti aging ingrendients!

However sorry i was not very clear the best products are apparently coming out by lancome! Personally i am very weary of them cause they do test on animals apparently but however there is also apprently good serum by la praire as well! However they do start none of these get rid of wrinkles just will smooth out skin and give clarity!

The Restylane is injections they will give into face that will plump up skin this is painful though!

Obagi is new way of giving chemical peels!

If you want to get rid of facial folds i beleive face excersise is only way to do this though! good night speak soon!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Do you guys think animal testing in products is a bad thing, or is this ok to do? Personally i dont want to buy stuff tested on animals, but however am impressed with stuff lancome come out with!
Well, NY, You are perfectly right to be concerned about animal testing of cosmetics.

>Would you like to be caged and have your head restrained while chemicals were applied to your eyes? Like a rabbit.
>Or have your back shaved and have chemicals applied that may or may not be painful? Like a rat.
I'll spare you the gruesome pictures.

Animal testing of cosmetics is not necessary. There are brands that do NOT test on animals that are perfectly fine:

Cruelty Free Shopping Guide: animal testing: companies and products to support/avoid

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
If I know about testing on animals, I will not buy the products, that is a big NO, NO for me

Aloette does NOT test its products on animals

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Three things I look at when I buy cosmetics: 1) no animal testing; 2) ingredients; 3) where the product is manufactured.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie personally i dont buy stuffed tested on animals, i dont agree with this and unless on the packet it states Not Tested on Animals then you know!

I read about this when i was reading reviews on lancome products on makeupalley!

Lancome, biotherm and loreal both test on animals actually you dont really how many products do test on animals till you check the list! Thanks fawnie for that! Ashame really cause if you look at loreal new stuff they have brought out they are really going well on anti aging game i think personally!

Chelsie aloutte dont test on animals, roc however do test on animals!

I just wanted to raise some awareness i suppose cause i know with me nothing at home is tested on animals as i dont agree. This is just my opinion though and everyone is different and as my boyfriend said sometimes they cant test these products unless tested on animals but then i just think well body shop ones are not test on animals!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Chelsie i was not trying to have a go here either
, obviously its hard to use everything not tested on animals and im sure my medications are prob tested on animals
, i just hate the thought of it and personally this is prob why i hate eating meat these days too, why cant there though be more veggie cheeses out there though too, all of them have meat contents in them! Anyway im gonna stop typing now sorry for long message!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see alot of you dont think its a good idea...I believe its an individual choice and have been doing it for about 3 years now with no side effects.. I have to say I did alot of research and found a good doctor and a highly recommended one..It is pricey but I get a full 8 to 9 months before I 'head; back for more.. I really hate needles but I find this painless...and I can go about business after I have it done.. ( nothing physical) The only side effect I have ever had was the first time I had a slight headache after but never again each other time..
Do your research, and dont look for a bargain doctor ...and be sure thats what you feel comfortable doing..
I love the results and I maintain with a good facial routine and creams..

·
Administrator
33,939 Posts
well said cindypt. I go about every 6 months or so. I too got a slight headache, but nothing I couldn't live through. And only the first time.

I am deathly afraid of needle,
, but these needles are so small and don't even hurt!! Getting a shot in my arm and my bootie hurt more-seriously.

Different strokes for different folks!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Can i just though repeat though obviously at the end of the day when all is said and don i dont really care if you do botox or not each to there own and all that crap but however can i just repeat that this does effect the brain may be not, not next week but at some point it might do!

My opinion is nothing is worth that,but each to there own and all that jazz!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I have had great results in reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and crow's-feet by using a light therapy product called Facial Secret. We use it for five minutes a day, usually in the morning. It took about ten days to 2 weeks to begin seeing results and the first thing we noticed was that our skin pores were getting smaller. After about 4 weeks of daily use, we began to see our wrinkles and fine lines fading away.

There are a number of similar light therapy products available on the market so do some research and then give it a try. I am 58 years old and my insurance agent told me that I had the prettiest skin for an old man that she had ever seen. She and three others in her office ended up each buying a Facial Secret unit for themselves.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts