Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this post:

The author wrote several ways to exfoliate and I wasn’t sure if we’re supposed to do one method or do all of them. Someone please help clarify this.

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
This thread gives very detailed info, even gave examples of how to get your routine started if you read further down. She even broke it down by the days of the week. Scroll down until you see Initial Regimen Example

As for exfoliating.......yes you can do all of this, its basically soap, exfoliating glove, dead sea salt, and lactic acid peel you can use a LA peel and or just get LA and use it in a lotion and have LA lotion.

• Purchase an exfoliating soap (I would suggest Likas Papaya Soap as it is mild and great for beginners)

• Buy Dead Sea Salt Soap to use in the shower once or twice a week, OR take a weekly 45 min salt bath (half cup of salt+drop of lavender+drop of olive oil)

• Get a Lactic Acid Peel or Glycolic Acid Peel and mix with your favorite lotion (for percentages, check the DIY section or use the search function to find related threads)
Please please be careful and be patient with your skin, over-exfoliation is not pretty and scrubbing your skin to death does not get results quicker. Also please be very careful with the above acids, though they are Alpha Hydroxy Acids and therefore the mildest of peels, they are still acids and burns happen all the time if you don't do your research and use them properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts