Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether mixing RA & HQ or layering (alternating) it would be more effective. As it is, I mix both creams and apply after washing.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I think you should layer as in first apply your retin-A 0.1% cream and then wait 30 minutes and apply the HQ 4% cream, giving them 30 minutes apart will help the RA get started and adjust to your skin well.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
59 Posts
they have products already mixed in. the easier route with be using maxi-peel. it had ra and hq of 4%...plus, its cheap. its meant for acne but most differently will lighten not only blemishes but the overall skin. you can see reviews about it on acne dot org site.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
tday and everyone else, it is important to note NEVER to purchase Maxi-peel, this is b/c I had a lot of filipino friends who bought this and it doesnt work as effectively as using the two of them fresh from the source and layering them. Pre-mixing them turns them BROWN quicker and tretinoin in solution (which is found in maxi peel) is horrible for the skin b/c you would be using too much even if you mean to use a pea sized amount. Also, the formulation is not well b/c the ratio of tretinoin to the HQ 4% mix is off and most of the ingredients deemulsify when its sitting on a solution for long. People who use it experience a lot of redness and peeling and u cant use it more than 4 weeks b/c its in a solution form. PinkMoscato purchased this before and she told me it was brown and inert whens she opened it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
59 Posts
lnl, what you saying could just be that. on the acnedotorg site there were mixed reviews on that. some saying it works great but after it peels and some states the above. mixing or layer from sources from adc is good too, they're cheap.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
um LNL one more question about HQ and the sun, i usually mix the HQ & RA (dont since this evening), should I use HQ/RA & then 30mins sunscreen during the day or just leave out the HQ & RA during the day? It's really sizzling down here but I usually stay out of the sun most of the day. But I do go from place to place in the sun sometimes. So HQ or no?

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
oh no NEVER use RA during the day or twice a day, if u use RA during the day, it breaks down and has been shown to become toxic and unstable in the presence of sunlight. Just use the HQ and sunblock during the day and leave the RA for night when you mix it together. Wear a baseball cap or carry your school assignments and block out the sun with the papers from the direction the sun is shining at you, this wont look weird, people will just think you are trying to see where you are going.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
If you have sensitive skin that tends to react to the RA & become irritated, you can apply the HQ first then apply the RA over it. I have used both mixed & layered RA during the day w/o any difficulties whatsoever BUT you must really use an excellent sunblock & avoid the sun if you choose to do this. I used the blend 2x/day for the 1st week of returning to this routine in order to boost exfoliation. During the time I was trying out experimental blends, I was not using the RA & I wanted to purge off any accumulated dead skin. After accomplishing this, I returned to using HQ/ Sunblock in the morning & HQ/RA B4 bed at night. It was the right thing for my skin.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
using RA in the morning this last week was a BIG mistake for me..... lol my skin got a tan.... not heavy but i didnt get lighter...so either way not good. Gonna step up my RA in the night to boost exfoliation (haven't got any in awhile). Then going to buy a new sunblock...my dove is finished!!!!! AHHH!H!H!H! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts