Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

i have been lurking on this forum for a few months and
have been following your posts... I find you extremely helpful
and knowledeable...

i really need ur help... i used makari last year... it lightened me up
really well.. i was happy for a few months... n then suddenly
it stopped working...and out of nowhere i started breaking out... and i
never breakout... it was honestly the most traumatic experience ever...
n these breakouts were very different... i broke out for 3 months...
now im clear...thnk god... but i have these bad acne scars... i started
gettin breakouts last december and they stopped march 09.

Since then i have used too many products tht have jst slightly faded my scars...

also makari redarkended my skin...so my face is like a shade darker than my body... and for sum reason im jst beginning to lose hope cause i think its goin to be permanent.. this is affecting everything... i never had to wear makeup till this incident...

i find ur routine very promising.. if u can send me the link to wat ur using and give me helpful tips i wud really appreciate it... i have used retin a but only for like 4 days because it made my face a bit darker and shiny? is tht normal?

how long does retina need to work?

and to others stay away from Makari... even if it works i the beginning...
wen i say i never breakout i dont... mayb during my period n those ance scars wud fade in no time... these breakouts were horrible... so please be careful...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Nurse24,

Firstly, I am humbled by your vote of confidence. In farness I must acknowledge that there are so many people here from whom I have learned so much too. You have picked a really great forum with a great group of people. Before joining, I too lurked about.

Have you had the chance to read the threads concerning Makari? You are by no means alone. Many people have reported the same experience: initial lightening followed by rashes or severe acne that left scarring. I've never used Makari myself & generally avoid 'commercial' preparations riddled with 'testimonials' & vague claims that can be read in many ways. What a shame that it happened to you too! Thanks for speaking up about your experience & warning others.

As for Retin A producing darkening in 4 days flat, this is the 1st I've heard of it. This is more likely an effect of the Makari you used. Retin A also comes in different strengths & in a cream or a gel. I use the 0.1% gel.

My routine (that I initially learned from LaDonna) is a good one. I began lightening in Jan & so far, I've experienced no negative effects whatsoever. Before using lightening creams, I'd suggest you:

-Go to the anti-aging dept & read all the posts the TCA peels thread. Goatlady is very experienced at this. Read the TCA thread, in this dept too. If you do a series of light peels (follow directions included with the kit to the letter) they should erase the effects of the Makari by removing the damaged upper layers of damaged skin & allowing new fresh skin to emerge.

-once you have done 3-4 peels over time, you can begin a new lightening routine.

-Since your skin has been affected by another product, It may be imprudent to start slapping on something else right away w/o doing the above first & removing the affected skin.

Do a little reading & think it over. Please return & let me know what you've decided to do. The routine I am using & the sources for the products are posted throughout this dept. I will send them to you, though, so you don't have to rummage around. Best of luck to you & welcome to the forum.

- a series of TCA 12.5% peels (makeupartistschoice.com). Buy the small kit. It is inexpensive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Onidine...

thnk u so much for taking out ur time to reply... i really appreciate it immensely...
ur suggestion for a TCA is a good one but im not sure if i am ready for it rite now...
im so scarred by this experience tht im too scared to try anythin intense rite now...

i cud start with lactic acid peel or smthn like tht?
however i feel ur routine of hq and retin a wud really help

im so tired ... i want to stop obsessing so much... its really affecting my confidence...

i jst want smthn to wrk on a steady basis and not spend so much money....

so neways give me input and the source... ur help again is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nurse24, hope you get your confidence back. For Retin A and HQ sources, its been suggested here to use a l l d a y c h e m i s t dot c o m. As for the lactic acid perhaps Ondine would know about it, so hold on for her input.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for posting that source. The Lactic acid may be helpfil too so if you feel more comfortable with that choice, then go for it. you can get it ffrom the source in my earlier post. treat yourself well, hold your head high & your confidence will surely return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts