Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was purchasing the NCN microfiber cloth which has rave reviews from a handful of experts on here, I bought the Carrot Seed Toner from them too: ncnproskincare.com and this toner actually brightens and perks up the skin with continued use! It doesnt contain alcohol or any acids but has natural and skin detox ingredients like blue algae, seaweed, norway kelp, etc. Anyways, thought I should let you guys know if you purchase the microfiber from there you might want to try this since it has quality ingredients and costs less with more product. $15 for an 8.5 ounce which lasts 3 months.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerine, Steareth-20, Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Seaweed Extract, Blue Green Algae Extract, Norway Kelp Extract, Carrot Essential Oil.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I have eyed that product myself several times. Thanks for the review!!

does it have a scent?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has the floral scent from all the earthy ingredients but it doesnt actually have added "fragrance". Also, I think those people did their research because when I typed in Carrot Seed Oil in google I found out that it has excellent "toning" abilities and anti-aging benefit, gives your skin beta carotene (Vitamin A) and helps it retain moisture.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I knew that website looked familiar to me.
Read a bunch of good reviews about their Pro Pumpkin Peel.
The Microfiber Cleansing Cloth looks nice, I've always wanted to try one for body use.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This sounds like a good thing. The cloth is great too. Please let us know what results you get from it, LNL.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have also thought about getting the toner, thanks LNL for the review! The Pro Pumpkin Peel is awesome. I use it about twice a month. I call it the "glow peel" that is what your skin does once you rinse it off. I leave it on about 20 min.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've tried toners in the past but they've been disappointing. Something in them tends to leave my face all shiny. Does this one do that?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one does not make your face shiny because of ingredients like seaweed and aloe vera which detox and soothe the skin, most drugstore toners Ive tried did leave my face shiny too because it contained a small amount of salicylic acid, which at the right pH, can exfoliate the leftover dead skin cells left by your face wash, therefore, giving you that "shiny" appearence. The other ones that contain alcohol (whichever kind of alcohol it is, even the "good" kind) tend to leave your face rough or blotchy because of the tightness and slight burn you experience after using them. Its best to use a toner with essential oils and natural detox agents such as algae, seaweed, etc. because that way you dont get the shine from the Salicylic Acid which is in most toners. Although there is a debate going around of the effectiveness of toners in your skin care regimen, I believe that you should use one that has the RIGHT ingredients, that is researched, because most of the time the ingredients from the face wash, leftover debris, and the water with which you washed your face from the sink (yes, chlorine) will offset the natural pH of your skin. You should be able to have a clean slate and restore your skin with a toner so that your products can better absorb and work on your skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I have also thought about getting the toner, thanks LNL for the review! The Pro Pumpkin Peel is awesome. I use it about twice a month. I call it the "glow peel" that is what your skin does once you rinse it off. I leave it on about 20 min.
Do you get a tingle sensation at all from this pumpkin peel?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes Rat it stings actually. Depends on your skin when you put it on. Sometimes it stings a lot sometimes not so much. It only stings a min or so. No big deal. Smells fantastic. Skin is smooth and glowy after. I love the stuff.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Just about any pumpkin product I use does that to me. It must be something in the pumpkin itself. I have a sample of the peel, I will have to try it. I think I will order this toner too. I am always up to try new stuff-

I can't use pumpkin lotion of any sort, it makes me break out in almost what I would call hives. Red, hot and itchy. It really is a drag too because I am a pumpkin LOVER!! Fall is my favorite time of year because of all the pumpkin stuff. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin scones, pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin rolls, yum yum yum!!!!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I hope you can use it Rat. It is one of my favorite mask to use. It is kinda like doing a peel really, but not as intense. It's the glow you get after doing GA peel. As a matter of fact it is 30% GA, has Lactic and Salicylic Acids. I suppose that counts for the "sting".

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I hope you can use it Rat. It is one of my favorite mask to use. It is kinda like doing a peel really, but not as intense. It's the glow you get after doing GA peel. As a matter of fact it is 30% GA, has Lactic and Salicylic Acids. I suppose that counts for the "sting".
Well of course I can't find my sample-
I hope I didn't throw it out. I normally do and just keep the containers-

If I find it, I will try it and let you know if I liked it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well of course I can't find my sample-
I hope I didn't throw it out. I normally do and just keep the containers-

If I find it, I will try it and let you know if I liked it.
You keep the sample containers too?
So do I.

There too cute to throw out. lol

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
You keep the sample containers too?
So do I.

There too cute to throw out. lol
I don't just keep all the sample containers, I keep most of my containers. They are great to use for traveling. Skinactives containers are the best too!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
All of the talk with pumkins makes me want pumkin pie with whipped cream....
ok, where are the best places to get a microfiber cleansing cloth? I would love to use it on my feet and whole body. How long does the exfoliating effects last? weeks, months?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just purchased a MicroDermabrasion Cloth (ebay) $7.46 free shipping. Nice feedback, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Hopefully this will help with the little peelies from using Retin A.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I misread the directions and used the Microdermabrasion with a cleanser.
It read wash face with mild soap but I thought I was suppose to wash it with the cloth, the cloth turns very soft when cleanser is applied.

When used with just water the cloth has got some "grip" to it. It definitely feels different from using a regular cloth, just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just purchased a MicroDermabrasion Cloth (ebay) $7.46 free shipping. Nice feedback, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Hopefully this will help with the little peelies from using Retin A.
Im wondering if i shoud take the plunge with the micro derm cloth from ebay. I got this one @ wal-mart for $1.97, it seems to work good but since ive never used the one from ebay i cant compare..

It was hanging near checkout but i think they are also in the bath section..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts