Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had so many acnes on my face, so I put toothpaste (not the gel one, its a home remedy..now i know that it really doesn't work!) on my acnes...my face is covered by a lot of acnes...I put the toothpaste on my acnes
before bedtime and the next morning, when i woke up and i washed the toothpaste away, my skin is no longer red but covered by kind of red and brown..and my face is swollen.I think that the toothpaste burnt my skin and damages it. My face is all covered by brown and red things (i m not sure what they are), I have already taken an appointment with the doctor...but it is gonna be like a month after....i m so sad and disappointed, I shouldn't never used the toothpaste to treat acne...but its too late...what can I do for the moment? All I know is that I have to let my face what it is and do not touch it...just wash it twice a day gently and therefore my
skin is gonna regenerate...Please tell me what can I do now? It is not hurting me but...its so ugly and they will turn into scars...will they stay there forever? Please help me

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hmmm, If I understand this you used "homemade" toothpaste? That could be a great part of the problem. Should you try it again use a natural "pasty" toothpaste.

In between then and now. Try dotting A&D ointment or neosporine on the scabbed areas to hasten the healing process and lessen the likelihood of long-time scarring. Do this in the evening and before bed, do it v-e-r-y lightly during the day, the object is to keep the healing (scabs) soft and moisturized.

You are wise to wash your face gently, keep this practice up. I also recommend blotting your face with the cleanser, let it sit, the splash to rinse the product off. Rub as little as possible.

With a name like "Don" I doubt you'll want to use a cosmetic cover-up. Some acne creams come with a slight tint, you may feel more comfortable trying one of these to "camouflage" some of the scars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get a leaf off an aloe vera plant and break it open and rub the gel and juice on your skin - use fresh leaves, not store bought processed aloe. You'll be fine in a few days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah I think his problem is what yorlooks said....the home remedy toothpaste
I know someone who swears by toothpaste and has never had a problem, but too each his own!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get a leaf off an aloe vera plant and break it open and rub the gel and juice on your skin - use fresh leaves, not store bought processed aloe. You'll be fine in a few days.
I second this method. when my husband was younger he had a pot of boiling liquid spill on his face, his parents immediately put the aloe on and no scar. this plant does smell though but works great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you have exceeded the recommended time. Otherwise it could not harm you (although may be it could not even work for acne as well)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't understand, is it dry skin or just a whole lot of acne? If it is dry skin, drink lots of water and put on rose water, leave it on for a few minutes 7-10 then wash it all off, soak cotton balls into rose water and leave on face..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree Aloe is amazing for all knids of skin trauma including acne, instead of dreaking a leaf of a plant you could buy it stabilised in a tube.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I don't want to be the bad apple of the bunch or anything but that's what you get when you try to go cheap on your products. Buy proper products instead of trying to save a few bucks and you won't get **** like that happening to you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How can toothpaste help with Acne? I have never heard this before.

If you rub toothpaste on a burn or abrasion will that help with the healing time?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's like some of you people just don't learn. Marp, if it didn't work on skin that is intact, why on earth would it work on broken or damaged skin? Use polysporin to heal skin. It's amazing how cheap some of the people on this forum are. BUY PROPER PRODUCTS!!!!! I can't stress that enough.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's like some of you people just don't learn. Marp, if it didn't work on skin that is intact, why on earth would it work on broken or damaged skin? Use polysporin to heal skin. It's amazing how cheap some of the people on this forum are. BUY PROPER PRODUCTS!!!!! I can't stress that enough.
Sorry to have not been clearer. I was wondering if putting the toothpaste say a cut or burn after it had scabbed over would help it along?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts