Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, its a good dose of common sense really. nothing new but some people just need a good dose of it once and a while to inspire them to fix their problems. drink water, eat healthy, take your vitamins, exercise, reduce your stress, have proper cleansing routine etc... thanks for the share.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah, its a good dose of common sense really. nothing new but some people just need a good dose of it once and a while to inspire them to fix their problems. drink water, eat healthy, take your vitamins, exercise, reduce your stress, have proper cleansing routine etc... thanks for the share.
are you really supposed to take vitamins? i gotta go get some of those fred flinstones ones then

·
Registered
280 Posts
lol, you know we all wish we will stumble on some new magical secret to clear skin but the truth is that the only secret is just to change your life style. although i know all the right things to do im still holding out for a easier way to go. although the 10 tips are common sense stuff im probably only doing 1 of the 10 activly. shame on me.lol. i know its a bit early to make a new years resolution but i think promise by end of next month i will try 6 more of the tips for at least 3 months. some one please remind be before i give up before i start.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's sad how acne has been such a big problem for so many people for so long and yet they still do not have a good solution for it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like #5....I'm so into natural ingrediants and yes LESS is more. We get caught up in all the new crap out on the market, but we have to step back and watch whats IN the products....it's quite scary!

Also remember wash brushes/makeup sponges atleast once a week (i'm a bacteria freak, so I wash my makeup sponge everyday).

Also be sure to change pillow cases every 2 - 7 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes! Washing your pillow cases often is important!

Also, stop constantly touching your face; there are so many oils on your fingers. Keep your hair off your forehead especially if you use any sort of product. You'll be amazed at how fast your skins clears.

·
Registered
388 Posts
does anyone know how to remove the spots left by acne?
Microdermabrasion from a dermatologist office or an Aesthetician. Some people also opt for chemical peels (this is much harsher....IMO).

There are some more natural ingrediant microdermabrasions that you can purchase and do at home.....but be careful that your skin is NOT actively broken out.

DMAE: minimizes pores & improves skin tone

Alpha Lipoic Acid & Retinol: works to diminish appearance of remnant marks (uneven skin texture & discoloration) associated with past breakouts ? helps provide smooth, clear, evenly toned complexion

Or try pure aloe, tea tree oil, apple cidar vinegar, sometimes camphor works, or
  • Vitamin A (helps control oil and healing & encourages healthy skin)
  • Vitamin B Complex (B6 and B12 helps with oil control & so many other important functions of the whole body)
    Vitamin B Complex (includes B 1,2,3,5,6,12): taken together they perform essential biological processes affecting nerves, brain and skin. Benefits: healhy skin, hair, nails, bones & muscles, energy, metabolic function, protein digestion, nervous system health, healthy intestinal & bowel functions, prevents moodiness, restlessness, irritability, insomnia & fatigue?improves liver health, proper brain cell function, prevents skin disorders and relieves PMS.
  • Vitamin C (anti-oxidant & healing)
  • Vitamin E (healing)
  • Alpha Lopoic Acid (firms and improves skin tone & texture)
  • Zinc (healing)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Unfortunately, my 16 yr. old got cursed w/the acne gene. He has bad acne. I feel really bad for him but refuse to have him put on any drug that has even the remote possibility of causing depression or suicidal tendencies. I buy him all kinds of stuff and I have found that Glycolic acid works the best on him and so does the Sleeping Peel Serum when he uses his products twice daily we see real results but being 16 forget it-he washes before school and that's it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was soooo close to using accutane....but wanted to try every other route. Atleast my cystic acne is gone now.....but my oily skin still bothers me. My derm says the only other way is accutane to rid my oily skin.

I'm very hesitant....still haven't decided....will probably opt NO on that one. It's so darn harsh.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My two cents is to stay away from accutane, not sure it's worth the side effects (but that's easy for me to say since I never had acne).

Kelly gave some great advice with the recommended supplements and there's one product you might want to try (or at least read up on) from Botani - Rescue Acne Cream. Multipurpose botanical cream with a blend of herbal extracts to assist in the treatment of acne and blemished skin.

Effectively treats pimples and blemishes without attacking the surrounding tissue. Drawing effect on pustular matter, which opens the pores and allows the antibacterial actives to attack bacteria beneath the skin's surface. Rescue Acne Cream has a 99.9% kill of Propionobacterium Acnes (acne causing bacteria) in just 30 minutes.

They also have a Skin Rescue Kit which is good for blemished / problematic skin. I hope this helps - Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks Mike....I agree....Accutane would be a last resort....but not recommended.

The Botani - Rescue Acne Cream you described....sounds like something I'd love to get my hands on as a spot treatment if/when needed. My darn skin has a hard time with other spot treatments and wreaks havoc on my skin.

As for another I found was from the Skyn line called Anti-Blemish Gel:

Description: Anti-Blemish Gel is that rarest of creatures, a blemish treatment that makes the ugly stuff disappear without wreaking havoc on your skin. This clear, non-sticky gel gets its punch from willow bark, a highly effective, natural antibacterial. But because it’s also loaded with moisturizers, vitamins and green tea antioxidants, it manages to minimize the flare-ups effectively without the drying and irritation that create those lovely flaky patches.

Symptoms: When your life gets a little crazy, so does your body. Hormone and oil production rise dramatically and, just like that, you’ve got breakouts.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts