Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I opened and read the link provided by goatlady. Very interesting and informative. But whilst the 'ingredients' mentioned maybe great I also recommend a good skin-care routine which will go a long way to preventing many skin problems that may arise.

No matter how many candles are on your cake you're skin's age' depends on the care you give it.
Refrain from smoking and basking in the sun because both activities cause the beakdown of collagen and elastin. Sun-cream can help prevent photo aging and subsequent wrinkles.

You need to get enough sleep so that your skin will look rested. Also, because skin constantly loses moisture to the air, you need to quench your complexion and to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.

Alcohol also causes the skin to lose moisture and, therefore , dehydrates your skin.
Avoid yo-yo dieting because this leads to wear and tear on collagen and elastin and remember that starvation diets deprive your skin of vital nutrients.
Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and take extra Vitamin C which is needed for collagen production.

Obviously, we alll need to cleanse, tone and nourish our complexions.

Finally, with regard to foundation, you need to decide if your skin contains more red or yellows so choose foundations accordingly. A beautician will advise you.
Also, use foundation beneath your eyes only sparingly or you will draw attention to crow's feet and crepiness.
I always use Touche Eclat under my eyes because it illuminates and does not drag under the thin delicate skin under the eyes.

The truth is I could write all day about develping a good skin care routine but I hope this insight may be of some help,

Best wishes,

redrose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts