Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi poppy and meowmix, It's all but gone. I went out last night without ANY makeup on at all! Not sure I would for work yet but that's my insecurity I think. Am continuing with my skincare regimen still and think I always will now and it's improved the quality of my skin immeasurably. Sorry you are unable to take TA meowmix. Have you tried any of the other things I've been doing? Poppy, I've had it since the beginning of August. X

·
Registered
23 Posts
lilyflower,

so cool!

The list of things I have tried are....to many.lol. I'm about to make my own lotion or serum with niacinimide, glucosomine, licorice root powder and maybe azelic acid. i've tried every other combo of topical oils, lotions, serums- this was way easier to clear up the first time around. only took a month or so. this time i'm 2 months in and haven't even seen the slightest improvement- which is why i'm trying something new next month. I haven't tried peels because I'm so scared of worsening it. same for lasers. I wish I could go your route. My pigmentation pattern is almost identical to how yours looked before TA- except my mustache is more yellow.

Even though I can't take the TA, it gives me hope in the future of melasma fighting/curing product choices. Plus, I get to see people like you go back and grabbing life by the balls ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Meowmix, have you tried acidophilus? I have found it made a great difference. Also, what caused your pigmentation to recur? Were you still using sunscreen religiously? X

·
Registered
23 Posts
i take probiotics. i have lots of yeast- related issues. blah.
i wear sunscreen daily and had been extremely careful to stay out of the sun. Family came into town after I had had to relocate to florida.
I was outside about..oh, 2 mintues without my sunscreen(i couldn't find it quickly and my folks were ready to go for a walk.) but my upper lip was tingling and stinging so i retreated to their hotel room. Later, after finding my sunscreen and putting on a rather large sunhat, i accompanied my mom to the beach. I was out there 20-30 minutes tops when she told me she could see the mustache. Until that day I wasn't sure if it was a one-time occurrence. guess it wasn't! so traumatizing but at least now I know.
you should really post your pics to a few different sites. I still can't believe how fast that worked for you!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh meowmix, what a shame :( What probiotic are you taking? I'm on a month's course of prescription strength acidophilus and will then drop to a 'maintenance' dose. I too suffer from yeast type issues :/ I feel very, very fortunate regarding the retreat of my pigmentation, but am absolutely religious about my skin regimen. I was treating my skin with the oils, tumeric soap etc for about 4 weeks before I started the tranexamic acid: I believe it simply expedited the effects of what I was already doing. Tumeric is meant to be excellent by the way x I wouldn't know where else to post my pics! Must be hard living in such a hot climate, guess I have the advantage of living in the gloomy UK! I understand what you mean about peels and lasers as I feel exactly the same way. I really hope your new regimen works x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lilyflower

thats great news yipppeeee

i still feel nervous about taking it, purely because i need to get rid of the hair permanantly first, if i take it and it does fade it then its only going to come back as i have to keep removing the hair

im so releived that summer is nearly over - its so sad that i have to think like this

i take probitics too, not religiously though but i will definite start taking it more reular now

turmeric is very good, i might invest in some rose hip oil too

thanks x

·
Registered
66 Posts
meomix

i really hope your new serum works

what cleared it for you first time round?

i have recently bought a cream from sweetsation therapy which contains kojic acid, niacinamide and arbutin, im nervous about using this too as i have read kojic acid causes skin thinning

my skin reacts too so many things

good luck x

·
Registered
81 Posts
Poppy, I still wax my upper lip but am extremely careful about it. I make sure the wax is warm rather than hot and I peel it off very cautiously rather than quickly as I have done in the past. It hasn't affected my pigmentation and I've done it twice since starting my regimen x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Poppy, the first time: I cleared it with apple cider vinegar topically twice a day and athletes foot cream. Let me know how your cream works out! Lily flower, I sent a private msg link to this thread to a couple people from another sight so they could see your experience. I figure even if they just lurk they can get info. Still blown away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Meowmix, whilst I'm happy to share my experience with others, I will be removing the pics now as advised in my post. I am a bit funny about privacy and don't want my pics posted in forums I am not aware of. I am happy to repost the pics if people want to see them but they will be for a limited time only. I hope you understand x

·
Registered
23 Posts
lilyflower- i completely understand! i only sent it to one girl who was already researching that and to my mom(who already saw the pics and was really happy for you)
I have my own pics up a few places and I know they come up in search engines which is why we never take full face pics, but i understand your feelings and i hope that you know i wasn't trying to cause a problem. i apologize.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Meowmix, I know you weren't trying to cause any problems so don't worry about that :) I'm just a paranoid android regarding privacy :D Hope your friend found my experience helpful x

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
LilyFlower, how are the results with the TA? Are you still taking it? Also where do you buy the turmeric soap? Or do you have any suggestions on where I can purchase this online? Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey LDV I'm still using the TA and the melasma is barely visible. I don't have to wear makeup to cover it any more. I feel blessed. This is the soap I buy. I get it from amazon. It is totally natural and contains no animal fat etc: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0036VJBOG/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii My son also uses it for his acne and it's making a positive difference to his skin too X

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tranexamic Acid

Today I finally bought some tranexamic acid to improve my melasma, I will update how it works.
I found an interesting article on the internet that is explaining the effects of TA that I wanted to share with you. One thing that caught my attention is that it's more about the duration than the dosage that seems to make the difference;
" the above clinical studies, the usual effective dose of TA can be 250 mg 2-3 times daily,
much lower than the usual dose to reduce excessive bleeding, and it should take at least 1 month to see a clinical response. It is the duration of the therapy, not the higher dose, that makes the treatment regime more effective."

Here is the link to the article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.12026/pdf

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is another interesting article on the internet that is suggesting that the duration of the therapy is more important than the dosage. which is good news since i don't feel like taking strong medications against bleeding ...

" the above clinical studies, the usual effective dose of TA can be 250 mg 2-3 times daily,
much lower than the usual dose to reduce excessive bleeding, and it should take at least 1 month to see a clinical response. It is the duration of the therapy, not the higher dose, that makes the treatment regime more effective."

Here is the link to the article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.12026/pdf

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Lillyflower

How long are you going to keep taking the TA for? Are you going to reduce the dosage? We'll all be keen to hear if the results are sustained after that.

Njata - please keep us updated on your progress!!

I am going to see a dermatologist on Monday who offers TA injections for melasma. I will also ask her about TA tablets. I will see what she says and let you know!

41 - 60 of 562 Posts