Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some research that TA helps in fading melasma.

I don’t have melasma, but I was wondering if I can add TA to my supplements. Has anyone seen results in skin lightening after using TA?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried this method, tranexamic pills taken orally. I got a pharmaceutical quality. I'm originally a Kelly Rowland color, I took the pills for 6 months consistently, 8 total with the last 2 months on and off. I started getting blood clots and short periods, later to find it thickens the blood as a side effect. I didn't have any noticeable whitening , although I was using topical whitening agents which honestly are more effective. I think if you're naturally on the fairer end of the Fitzpatrick scale, u may notice subtle results , you'd be better off using topical skin lighters IMO and supplementing with antioxidants. What don't work for me though , may work for you .

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have read some research that TA helps in fading melasma.

I don’t have melasma, but I was wondering if I can add TA to my supplements. Has anyone seen results in skin lightening after using TA?
From my research, it’s used for controlling of heavy bleeding. There’s the cosmetics grade in powder form that comes in different percentages which you can use in your formulation. I have used the already dissolved one which I do mix to the percentage I want into my final lotion to be and which works perfectly with a glow but lost contact with the seller. Search Tranexamic Acid for skin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts