Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to start back into continuing my quest for lighter even skin.I always feel the need to be lighter in the summer lol when the sun is shining .This thread is basically like a SkinDiary with that being said this thread will bombard with weekly updates of my progression. Ill be starting my journey next week July 6. MY STARTING SHADE NW50 GOAL SHADE ONE HUE DARKER THAN NC 50 . I will be including update pictures throughtout ny journey . You Guys/Gals will be walking with me hand and foot.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
July 1st , A little insight on my journey so the first two months I'll be using controversial products aka steroids. I understand the risk of steroids so I suggest any curious seekers look into it do your research . My product mix consist of Diva Maxima & Caro White concoction for my body, on my face in the AM I'll use Clear & Smooth face cream for added boost a bottle of HQ serum mines is by Maxi White and Perfect White Serum by Dream Cosmetics. In the PM I'll use LaBamakoise gel cream mix With Retin A only to combat the steroid to combat the drying,redness and peeling effect of the Retin A with Cetaphil Face Wash & CeraVe facial pm moisturizer. Starting shade picture coming July 6 also I'll give more insight of my mixes so stay tune while your at it subscribe so you don't miss a thing .

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
July 4th, Happy Independence Day . So after some reconsideration I decided to use my steriod body mix for one month instead of two.I'm still using Diva Maxima Fade Jar Cream , Carolight Lightening Cream , Carolight oil ,and a bottle of G&G Lotion only for the exfoliation properties. I mix everything else together to make it more potent .My body is extremely stubborn, one of the main reason why I'm using roids. After I finish my steriod mix , Im going to continue using the Carolight/White line. I'm not too concerned with my face. My face lighten very fast and easily . I'm only using my face steriod mix every other day. Im contemplating on using my Lemonvate mix on the days im not using the roid . I have oily skin I do break out . Feel free to voice your opinions and ask questions ! Here's my starting shade:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Please pay close attention to your skin, Hun. I'm no expert in skin lightening, but I will be watching this thread. Good luck.

·
Registered
531 Posts
hey hun. Why dont you start with plan exfoliation for a while.. U might find you won't even need the roids. What will U be doing for skin building? While on the roids? Thats very important

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please pay close attention to your skin, Hun. I'm no expert in skin lightening, but I will be watching this thread. Good luck.
Thank you so much I will . Im no expert either my biggest problem is getting reckless(lazy) no sunscreen and no maintenance .

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey hun. Why dont you start with plan exfoliation for a while.. U might find you won't even need the roids. What will U be doing for skin building? While on the roids? Thats very important
Been there done that I even go to the Asians to get my body scrubbed. I'm still contemplating on the roids . I have a personal sauna that I got of eBay , Retinol serum and soap, chemical peels . I also drink a lot of water AND A TON OF OILS like Vitamin E oil , Bio Oil , Palmers skin therapy.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
July 6, I decided to take my skin in a totally different direction. I decided to opt out the steriods in general. I'm going continue exfoliating my skin until I know for sure what direction I wanna go. Lol I'll start lighting after I come from Florida, don't have time to be ducking and dodging the sun its practically impossible since i'm going to the theme park! My skin is more important than a quick fix. So maybe mid august ill start back lighting my skin but for now just exfoliation and only exfoliation . Here's My Regimen: AM Face: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser Walgreens 8% Face Cream Vitamin C Serum PM Face: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser Retin A 0.1% (Every Other Day) Retinol Serum (Proderma Light) Cervae Pm Moisturizer Also I will be using a chemical peel from ProdermaLight called Solve It Green Peel . On my body i'll alternate between Dead Sea Salt , Canus Goat Milk Soap AmLactin , and Sharon Marie Gycolic Acid Lotion . Im thinking of using Proderma Like Vitamin C body cream and the Clear Essence Lemon and Vitamin C line

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clearly you have everything figured out! Save your breath SCT fam!
I don't but nobody does or this website wouldn't exist everything is a PERSONAL PREFERENCE I'm not here endorsing the use of steriod I have use them and understand the risk but than again that all goes to play with PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Anywho I appreciate the concerns i decided to discontinue the use steriod .

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
July 6, I decided to take my skin in a totally different direction. I decided to opt out the steriods in general. I'm going continue exfoliating my skin until I know for sure what direction I wanna go. Lol I'll start lighting after I come from Florida, don't have time to be ducking and dodging the sun its practically impossible since i'm going to the theme park! My skin is more important than a quick fix. So maybe mid august ill start back lighting my skin but for now just exfoliation and only exfoliation . Here's My Regimen: AM Face: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser Walgreens 8% Face Cream Vitamin C Serum PM Face: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser Retin A 0.1% (Every Other Day) Retinol Serum (Proderma Light) Cervae Pm Moisturizer Also I will be using a chemical peel from ProdermaLight called Solve It Green Peel . On my body i'll alternate between Dead Sea Salt , Canus Goat Milk Soap AmLactin , and Sharon Marie Gycolic Acid Lotion . Im thinking of using Proderma Like Vitamin C body cream and the Clear Essence Lemon and Vitamin C line

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A mini update from an UPDATE. dont quote me on anything i'm not sure what im USING the regimen below is just a general idea of the direction im trying go. Sorry for the confusing thread but bare with me things will get better - sincerely the diary of a confused chick

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Where is your sunscreen? Its important to protect your skin whist exfoliating. Check out the sunscreen threads.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where is your sunscreen?  Its important to protect your skin whist exfoliating. Check out the sunscreen threads.
Im using sunscreen I just didnt mention it but Im still on the hunt for the perfect sunblock. Thank you I'll def give that thread a read .

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol after updating this thread for the umpteenth time and after some serious realization I decided more is exfoliation is what my skin really needs, until I start my lightening journey mid-August . I finally know what direction I'm taking my skin ! I'm steering clear of steroids forever, my skin deserve so much better . I'm super excited for the products I'm using during and after exfoliation . I don't find the need to update you on my exfoliating journey so I don't think I'll be updating my thread until I incorporate lighteners . I'm sticking through with this regimen I promise myself I will lol .

I will be using this yummy concoction peel called Solve-it-All Green Peel , formulated with Deionized Water, Trichloroacetic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Kojic Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Extract, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Green Tea. I purchase this product from Prodermalight.com alongside there 20% Vitamin C + E Serum .

My regimen :
Am Face:

• Cetphil Face Wash
  • 20% Vitamin C Serum .
  • Oil Olay Moisturizer.

Pm Face:

• Cetaphil Gentle Face Wash.
  • Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion.
  • Wait 15 minutes then Tretinoin Aka Retin A ( Buffered with Aloe Vera Gel) (begin every 3rd night and gradually work up to every night).

Body AM+PM:

• Dead Sea Salt Soap.
  • AmLactin 12% Lotion (Occlusion every other day ).
  • Zinc Oxide Sunblock ( AM ONLY)

About the Solve-it-green Peel I will be using this peel once a month . I will also be getting my skin scrubbed twice a month by the local Korean Spa . I'm super excited to embark on this journey AGAIN ! SO please bare with me!

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Will be following this thread. I am also exfoliating but i plan to do so for three months. I am being very patient with my journey i want to lighten effectively this time. I have done it before and always got dark knees and knuckles, uneven coloring due to steroids but no more now that i have found this site. Good luck!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will be following this thread. I am also exfoliating but i plan to do so for three months. I am being very patient with my journey i want to lighten effectively this time. I have done it before and always got dark knees and knuckles, uneven coloring due to steroids but no more now that i have found this site. Good luck!
Same with me I've lighten before just to re-darken because the results were grainy I didn't like the patchy uneven skintone it was a yellow and orange tint . Thank you so much !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts