Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have a date next week and I have a blemish on my nose that I wanna get rid of as quickly as possible, do you guys have any suggestions on what to use or anything that can lighten the blemish? Please suggest

Jay

my skin care regimen: 2 times a day
Biore cool cleanser with 2% SA
Biore exfoliant scrub with 2% SA
Aveeno stress relief moisturizer with SA,

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you can find it quick enough, try dip a Q-tip in 10 - 20% salicylic acid. Peels come in different strengths an are ideal for this. Lightly touch the affected area with the cotton tip, once or twice a day. Within two days or so all should over. A gel containing SA in lowers concentration could also be used, 2-5% gel could be applied several times a day. It takes time to heal properly but this makes the irritation go away faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find it quick enough, try dip a Q-tip in 10 - 20% salicylic acid. Peels come in different strengths an are ideal for this. Lightly touch the affected area with the cotton tip, once or twice a day. Within two days or so all should over. A gel containing SA in lowers concentration could also be used, 2-5% gel could be applied several times a day. It takes time to heal properly but this makes the irritation go away faster.
where do I get the 10-20% SA, would the local pharmacy store have it?
Please suggest

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes some pharmacies have it, some skin care salons and you can get it on ebay too, but that takes several days through the mail. Larger stores have 2% - 5% salicylic gel, maby even the supermarked. All pharmacies have the gels and different products in skin care lines they carry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes some pharmacies have it, some skin care salons and you can get it on ebay too, but that takes several days through the mail. Larger stores have 2% - 5% salicylic gel, maby even the supermarked. All pharmacies have the gels and different products in skin care lines they carry.
I know that pharmacies carry different products with 2-5% SA, but where exactly do I find SA with 10%SA, skin care salons?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes, any skincare salon probably have this. You could make you own with 10-20 grams of salicylic powder and 100 ml of pure alcohol (40-60% vodka will work just as well). This would be only for emergency treatment for blemishes. Just slightly touch the affected area with a Q-tip dipped in the solution. Let it work for a couple of minutes and rinse off. If it doesn't sting just leave it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it's swollen, put some ice on it to help get the swelling down. If it feels like it can be popped, put a washcloth with VERY hot water on it over the pore for several minutes to open it up, and then gently attempt to squeeze it - if it isn't happening, though, just slather a product like salyclic acid or benzoyl peroxide all over the zit and it should shrink on its own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts