Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be useful for some of you to know the effects of tretinoin cream. I'll be posting a day by day unless I stop using which means that it's not working or it's getting worse. I will continue to post if I see any improvement. There might be stretches where I don't post at all, but I'm keeping notes for each day.

I'm using tretinoin %0.025 cream on red spots only. I've used it twice both times at night, which is the time I'll usually be applying it and 30 minutes after a shower.

I was going to photoshop my face and crop it down so you could only see the red parts, but I can't bare to take a picture of my ugly face right now.

Day 1 - Nothing.
Day 2 - Nothing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's tretinoin %0.025 cream. My doctor called it "retin-a". I'm applying a thin layer 30 minutes after a shower every night.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I forgot to mention in that other thread that I used Retin-A Micro 0.1% and not regular Tretinoin. Maybe your stuff isn't strong enough. See if you can get a prescription for .1% strength.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*SIGH*

Nothing works. I'm stuck with these hideous scars for life and it's not uncommon for new ones to appear.

For those of you who sell products that don't work - you are ruining people's lives.

Quote: Originally Posted by

I forgot to mention in that other thread that I used Retin-A Micro 0.1% and not regular Tretinoin. Maybe your stuff isn't strong enough. See if you can get a prescription for .1% strength.

I will call my doctor day 14 (assuming this cream continues to do nothing) and will tell him what's going on.. I don't know what else to do but continue to try..

·
Registered
357 Posts
*SIGH*

Nothing works. I'm stuck with these hideous scars for life and it's not uncommon for new ones to appear.

For those of you who sell products that don't work - you are ruining people's lives.

I will call my doctor day 14 (assuming this cream continues to do nothing) and will tell him what's going on.. I don't know what else to do but continue to try..
I understand your frustration. How long have you had the red spots? Keep in mind that these types of things take time to heal. I used to get some bad breakouts that left red spots and it usually took 6-12 months for the spots to fully heal and disappear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6-12 months=red spots fully healed sounds like heaven.

They have been around (on my face) for 3 months -> present.

I'm confident they won't heal on their own.

·
Registered
159 Posts
6-12 months=red spots fully healed sounds like heaven.

They have been around (on my face) for 3 months -> present.

I'm confident they won't heal on their own.
You need to be patient like Susan said. Everyone's skin has different healing times. You should be happy that you don't have any scarring. Some people get permanent pitting/scars from acne which is much worse than red spots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote: Originally Posted by

You should be happy that you don't have any scarring.

These are scars.

This isn't the only problem I have with my skin, just the one I've shared on this forum.

Over the past year+ I've got permanent red marks and scars on my body from minor cuts and scrapes. I have stretch marks on my biceps from working out. My skin never used to be this way, it used to be healthy. I don't know what happened. It's depressing. Don't tell me I should be happy. I'm not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
These are scars.

This isn't the only problem I have with my skin, just the one I've shared on this forum.

Over the past year+ I've got permanent red marks and scars on my body from minor cuts and scrapes. I have stretch marks on my biceps from working out. My skin never used to be this way, it used to be healthy. I don't know what happened. It's depressing. Don't tell me I should be happy. I'm not.
I know what you're going through. I remember freaking out and getting depressed when I first discovered stretch marks on my thighs. But as they say, time heals all wounds. Even though the stretch marks never faded completely, I learned to accept it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Give it some time and I think you will overcome your skin problems. I suppose it is part of growing up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a dream about makeup.

Flakiness this morning in a spot where I didn't apply (maybe I accidentally nicked the spot or from something else), other than that nothing.

Day 5 - Nothing.

*Edit* Just remembered that I have an old red mark on the corner of my face from the summer of two years ago. You know what? It's the same color as the red marks I have now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 7,8,9,10 - Nothing.

This is a good industry to get into. Put cream in a bottle and desperate people like me will buy it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+11 more days

One may have faded to about 1%. Never got the peeling everyone said I would, didn't do much of anything. I'm gonna go to the doctor Wednesday most likely, hopefully he'll refer me to an actual dermatologist who can solve my problem.

Don't waste hope with this cream.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
+11 more days

One may have faded to about 1%. Never got the peeling everyone said I would, didn't do much of anything. I'm gonna go to the doctor Wednesday most likely, hopefully he'll refer me to an actual dermatologist who can solve my problem.

Don't waste hope with this cream.
You should really see a dermatologist who certainly has more experience with this treatment and who may prescribe a higher strength for you. But you should know that it will take several months to see the benefits of this medication. Eleven days is nothing! You need to be patient and give the medication time to work. I have been using it for two months now (but for wrinkles) and know that it is a long road. All the best to you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts