Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my tip for everyone who searches for a great anti-aging plan. This is the plan:

- Morning
1. Cleans face with a mild cleanser, a cleanser that doesn't dries out the skin.
2. Apply a layer of a very moisturizing skin cream, i'll explain later on this topic why you absolutely need a good moisturizer.
3. Apply a sunblock which has Spf 15+.
4. Apply eye cream with sunblock Spf 4+ that also is quite moisturizing.
5. Apply Tretinoin all over the face (For the crowfeets: put a little bit of tretinoin on your finger tips, and put it on the crowfeets).

- Evening
1. Cleans face with a mild cleanser, a cleanser that doesn't dries out the skin.
2. Apply a layer of a very moisturizing skin cream, i'll explain later on this topic why you absolutely need a good moisturizer.
4. Apply a rejuvinating and moisturizing eye cream around your eyes.
5. Apply Tretinoin all over the face (For the crowfeets: put a little bit of tretinoin on your finger tips, and put it on the crowfeets).

- Per week
- Try to scrub 2 times per week with a good scrub.
- Try to put a calming face mask on your skins , 2 times per week.

Explanation of Tretinoin:

Tretinoin is a vitamin A-acid. It is the only real proven anti-aging ingredient so far. It is mainly prescribed for people who have Acne, but can also be prescribed for people who have sun-damaged skin. The effect of Tretinoin is that it increases the collagen and elastin levels in the skin. It has a peeling effect on the skin.

It is quite aggrassive stuff, but it really works to help the skin produce more collagen in the skin.

The reason why i said you needed a very moisturizing cream is because it is very, very drying on the skin and give skin irritation. It's also impossible to use if you are pregnant because it damages the unborn child.

It is only on prescribtion and you must not get pregnant while using this cream. Guys on the other hand can use it without real dangers.

->Extra Details about this anti-aging regime<-

I recommend to use this regime for 2/3 times a year, for 6-8 weeks each time. I also recommend to do start this regime in Autumm and Winter, however i must warn you not to use this regime in the Summer and Spring because it makes your skin more sensitive for the sun.
Aside from the fact that tretinoin works, it is also very cheap.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Welcome to the site. Why are you using Tretinoin twice a day? This is not necessary and could cause more harm than good. Only apply it at night. This is all over the net.
Use Retinoids the Right Way

It can be aquired online without a RX for cheap. Many of us here get ours this way.

Why only do this regimine 2/3 times a year for 6-8 weeks at a time?
Much better to do like I said and apply the Tretinoin once a day at night and start slowly like the link above says. Use it year round. Summer and spring are no problem if you are careful in the sun and wear a quality photo-stable sunscreen. Preferably one with a high PPD level. Use Tretinoin on the hands and maybe arms as well.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to the Board (it's brilliant, by the way) and I have become so informed from all the advice I have read. After reading the top post, I just had to write to say that sun block should always be the last thing you put on your skin before makeup. It has to act as a barrier - putting any other cream on top of it will just counter the effect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone...
I am about to order HQ tretinoin, or maybe i need to buy the 2 separately. I want HQ 4%, but I don't want more than .1% tretinoin. Can I put these products in eye area (under eye, on eyelid and area btwn eye and brow).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am using tretinoin and HQ4% AM and PM with a good sunscreen per my Physician. I am having co2 laser and was told to do this for a month. Using tretinoin during the day puts you at risk for hyper pigmentation due to even the smallest amount of sun exposure. I will only use tretinoin at night after laser (post healing of course) As a side note, 2 times a day with the HQ has really lightened my skin. I would be very scared to get out into the sun, though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi! I'm using Ret A every night for the past 5-6 months. It's getting very hot here and yesterday I went to the beach with my kids. I applied lots of sun screen and wore hat, protecting my face as much as I could. Unfortunately, my face was pinkish at night. Do I need to stop Ret A during summer season? I know that I will be definitely on the sun a lot. How sun will affect my skin if I will continue using Ret A?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've recently started to use Avene very high protection sunscreen SPF 30+
Actives: Titanium dioxide 10.79%, zinc oxide 2.4%

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That should be good, Liliana! Please reapply it frequently just to be sure.

Is your face still pink/red today? The titanium dioxide should protect against the infrared wavelengths too. Sometimes even the heat is enough to leave us feeling and looking crispy in the summer. Do you drink lots of fluids while you're in the sun? Good to get the kids to stay out of the sun during the peak hours too....it'll prevent them from getting sun damaged skin later in life.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
63 Posts
My face looks ok today. But i feel gilty, I know it's not healthy to be in the sun. Do you think it is reasonable to stop Ret A for a couple of months to prevent hyperpigmentation?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
well, you'd be applying the c serum OVER the previous layer of ss tho. Unless you wash it all off and reapply. usually the vit c serum goes on clean skin for it to be absorbed. Once the C is absorbed into the cells it stays there for up to 72 hours, so it's important to be sure it gets absorbed well before applying other products and waiting after cleasning to apply it in the first place.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you so much!! You have been a great help through all my time as a member on this site. How can you remember all this info?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thank you so much!! You have been a great help through all my time as a member on this site. How can you remember all this info?
LOL thanx for the kind words, Liliana!

How can I remember this??? Like you, I asked questions and read everything I could find! And experimented with a lot of products. You will remember too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope ... At this stage I have million notes all over my house, I wish all those chemical formulations would be easier to remember.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts