Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I ordered the home tria laser kit and it came today...yay! Have just put it on charge so I can start using it.

Will keep you updated on how well it does or doesn't work. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooh I hope so Lexi, I usually wax my arms but I went over the laser with them now. Relatively painless I would say, but it says I need 3 treatments before I see a result.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I did laser on my legs, bikini and underarms and now never shave! I do have some hairs and have considered getting the tria as well for touch ups. I only have hair on my legs and they are few and far between but I think they can be none with a tria to touch it up. Did you put it on the highest level or what setting did you do? I have read fab reviews of it!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as I have had laser before, I felt my pain threshhold was already quite high so I went straight for the highest setting. However, like laser in clinics, where it is more painful on the bone, I found the Tria to be a little more painful around the wrist area, so I lowered the setting. The rest rest of the arm I soldiered on with the highest

I have also had my legs done professionally, I had a treatment of 6, and like you, I think I only need a touch up. I'm really excited to use it on my underarms! Can imagine never having to worry about them again...yay!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Miss what?

Hurts a lil...but its bearable...

A lil redness just after but that goes

I love all your questions kamakaze...your so cute!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Ok so I ordered the home tria laser kit and it came today...yay! Have just put it on charge so I can start using it.

Will keep you updated on how well it does or doesn't work. Fingers crossed!
Yes, please give updates on this gadget. I am very interested.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
what happens if u miss? does it hurt? does it leave marks?
No it does not leave marks but it can and it can hurt. The thing with laser is that it is energy and the laser is calibrated so that it hits the darker follicles or rather the energy is aborbed by them. It then travels to the follicle where there is a blood supply to the hair and it cauterises the follicle. If enough energy is absorbed it kills the follicle by cautery but if not then it may just damage it or miss completely. Damage will result in slower, finer regrowth but ironically if you damage it enough you will get a permanent hair that is harder to remove. The stronger, thicker and darker the hair the better the chance of full cautery.

Now as for missing and hurting, if you have a tan or freckles or such or if you do not hold it down on the skin enough it may place the energy on the skin or on the darker area such as freckles. Often after laser you will have scabs on freckles and they will peel and you lose freckles (a plus). Missing completely though can result in bruns and scars if the energy is absorbed too superficially.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i would have thought a laser would make microscopic burns and stuff.. and u know like force the body to heal?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i would have thought a laser would make microscopic burns and stuff.. and u know like force the body to heal?
That is ablative laser. There are different lasers and they all depend on how they are calibrated in frequency, depth etc. Ablative is like CO2 which is what they use to resurface skin. It burns the skin to the dermis and forces a remodelling which in turn tightens the skin and causes a new, younger skin to form. Non-ablative lasers are used to penetrate but not take off the skin and they have various claims but I do not personally believe they are very effective for anti-aging. Many of the claims is that the "heat" penetrates deep and triggers the body to form more collagen deep within the skin. It works in all likelihood but it is not dramatic and for me such a subtle result is not worth the money they charge.

The other types of lasers for the skin use different kinds of laser, usually Alexandrite, ND-Yag and Diode. The diode is the most effective in my experience. These are all non-ablative when used for hair removal and the goal is to bypass the skin pigment and hit just the follicles. The three types have different depths and this is why they use the ND-Yag (like the lyra coolglide) for darker skins.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i was having this debate with a gal on another forum n she's convinced that Tria is mere waste of money. She hasn't tried it though. She is all abt laser in proffessional setting. Tria in her opinion might not burn hair follicles n they keep returning back.
Isn't this same as in Professional Laser that some hair do keep coming back even after whole treatment? n burning them completely needs continuous maintainance. Plz educate me on this Lexi...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Justlooking! I'm very interested in an update also...would love to find something to start on my facial hair. I'm tired of buffing and waxing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts