Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! It itches & burns like a billion fire ants! Holy moly did I ever use some BAAAD words.

First, I cleansed according to the directions in the kit. Then, I prepped my skin with the solution in the kit. After that, I sloshed on the runny 50% glycolic. It felt like a cross between poison ivy & a really bad case of hives. I left it on my forearms & the backs of my hands for a good 2 minutes then removed it. I also did my face & neck but for only 1 minute.

Today, the treated skin is incredibly soft & smooth. There is no extreme peeling nor can I claim any lightening after only one short treatment. It does exfoliate excellently & in a few days I may peel according to some people here who've done this before. I intend to use it weekly on Thursdays for a good 2 months or so. My face continued to sting all evening: felt like a hard slap in the face & my already reddish skin was redder: like I had applied too much blush. I used a touch of Hydrocortisone cream on the reddest areas & it soothed them tremendously. Today, theres's a little pinkness near my jawline & under the orbits of my eyes (upper cheek area). I'm hoping that, over time, it'll help with my lightning regimen. Many people swear by it.

If you have sensitive skin, do NOT buy the 50%. Try 20% & work up from there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
OMG! It itches & burns like a billion fire ants! Holy moly did I ever use some BAAAD words.

First, I cleansed according to the directions in the kit. Then, I prepped my skin with the solution in the kit. After that, I sloshed on the runny 50% glycolic. It felt like a cross between poison ivy & a really bad case of hives. I left it on my forearms & the backs of my hands for a good 2 minutes then removed it. I also did my face & neck but for only 1 minute.

Today, the treated skin is incredibly soft & smooth. There is no extreme peeling nor can I claim any lightening after only one short treatment. It does exfoliate excellently & in a few days I may peel according to some people here who've done this before. I intend to use it weekly on Thursdays for a good 2 months or so. My face continued to sting all evening: felt like a hard slap in the face & my already reddish skin was redder: like I had applied too much blush. I used a touch of Hydrocortisone cream on the reddest areas & it soothed them tremendously. Today, theres's a little pinkness near my jawline & under the orbits of my eyes (upper cheek area). I'm hoping that, over time, it'll help with my lightning regimen. Many people swear by it.

Ondine, can i ask where u ordered from, need to do something for my knuckles and toes

·
Registered
208 Posts

I experimented with 35% last year. After day 3 it crusted over and subsequently peeled, and in a big way, so there is definitely more to come! Happy peeling!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys! LNL, another place to get 18% TCA peel is from makeupartistschoice dot com. That's where I got my kit. I will take a look at yr source, though just to see what else they carry.

Crescentmoon, I'm really curious to see what happens over time. I get the feeling that something will definitely happen soon. I'm hoping that the peeling is over by next Wed.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I did 25 minutes of 65% glycolic on my arms, a nice exfoliation and so much itching I am shocked I endured it. I now use the glycolic 50% for 12 minutes now and then as a pre shower exfoliator head to toe. 65% even less frequently.

Today I ordered 12.5%, 24% and 30% TCA peels from MUAC. I am planning on doing as much of me as I can. I was advised that 12.5% should be used to start on neck/breasts and decolletage. Arms (which seem to be made of steel) may well be good candidates for the 30% after a patch test and hands almost for sure 30% after patch test. Same for knees, and legs possibly. The 24% is likely good for body and may be used for further neck/decolletage peels. My goal is to give myself as close to a professional peel as I can get on as much as my body as possible. My skin is GREATLY improved from the CP damage and the Xtendlife is doing wonders and now I want to get rid of the permanent pigment issues and tighten my skin back to where it was (I do think a deep peel like TCA will be the final touch I need to go back).

I do not give much credence to the glycolics anymore, they are a glorified exfoliation and I would not count on them for more. In fact, lactic acid actually does more for rejuvenation.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yo Lexi, have you thought about my engagement proposal yet? I already put the downpayment on that beach house in Aruba
. LOL, anyways question ----> you said lactic acid does more for rejuvenation, which percentage concentration should one use for brightening/rejuvenation and what is hte process like (flaking/dullness/full recovery) etc.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks, guys! LNL, another place to get 18% TCA peel is from makeupartistschoice dot com. That's where I got my kit. I will take a look at yr source, though just to see what else they carry.

Crescentmoon, I'm really curious to see what happens over time. I get the feeling that something will definitely happen soon. I'm hoping that the peeling is over by next Wed.
It takes time, but it is definitely you will obtain the results of a serious peel. I purchased my Glycolic Acid peel at Amazon through the Beauty Scientific vendor. It comes in a 1.2 oz bottle (not a kit) so it is constantly at my disposal, in my medicine cabinet, as needed. THis methood might be a bit more cost effective, too. I purchase a generic neutralizer in a reasonable quantity too, or you can make your own.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
yo Lexi, have you thought about my engagement proposal yet? I already put the downpayment on that beach house in Aruba
. LOL, anyways question ----> you said lactic acid does more for rejuvenation, which percentage concentration should one use for brightening/rejuvenation and what is hte process like (flaking/dullness/full recovery) etc.
I told you I am ready--bon bini op Aruba! We all asked if that was your photo btw as we do not understand why you are lightening?

Lactic I have never done, it is included though in the 30% TCA along with glycolic (30% is really a medical grade complete peel). I would try 55% myself, it is not that harsh and makeup-artists choice explains all the peels well. Lactic is the best for pigment issues and also stimulates collagen. Glycolic is BS in my opinion, it is a great exfoliant, no more.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I have hyperpigmentation from being at the beach, right now its under control with HQ 4/RA but as soon as I stop it comes back the next day full force so im looking at higher strengths of HQ and other ligthening agents that can effectively diminish it, not mask it while it is on the skin. I thought it was the testosterone and other body building supplements I was using that was messing with my hormones causing this but I spoke to my doctor and had some tests done, no link and I stopped everything even working out for a season and it didnt improve. Its not noticeable at all when I have the HQ on but I would like to get off it and no apply anything on my face.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You are right Lexi - glycolic, microdermabrasion etc. are nothing but glorified exfoliants, they do the same thing that a really good scrub or microfiber exfoliating cloth would but with a big price tag. Products like Retin-A, Green Cream, BHA, etc. not only exfoliate better but also works at the cellular level and repairs the skin from within, undoing damage. You see all these people throwing hundreds and thousands on microdermabrasion/laser for a quick fix but if you do a skin biopsy it shows that you skin just exfoliated.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have hyperpigmentation from being at the beach, right now its under control with HQ 4/RA but as soon as I stop it comes back the next day full force so im looking at higher strengths of HQ and other ligthening agents that can effectively diminish it, not mask it while it is on the skin. I thought it was the testosterone and other body building supplements I was using that was messing with my hormones causing this but I spoke to my doctor and had some tests done, no link and I stopped everything even working out for a season and it didnt improve. Its not noticeable at all when I have the HQ on but I would like to get off it and no apply anything on my face.
I agree with your last post--as for the hyperpigmentation, have you tried tri-Luma? I am not being funny but I had melasma and nothing worked, it always came back, this stuff in ONE tube did away with it and it has not come back. Tri-luma is hydroquinone, tretinoin and a topical steroid combo that somehow works better than any one ingredient alone.

Yes, my mother is among those who go for glycolics and microdermabrasion in the belief she is looking younger, it is a waste. I would never even buy a glycolic again after this batch runs out but perhaps to have around if I want to "shine" a bit or have a polished look for a certain event or so.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I don't know.............GA did wonders for my mother's skin and my own. She did the 50% peel and a 30% cream. See for yourself. She has on NO makeup in the first 2 photos. Terasita Skin Care - Quality, affordable skin care products for beautiful skin I finally after 2 years of using GA decided for the more stubborn brown areas/freckles that I needed something much stronger so I moved on to the TCA. I promise the photos are untouched and she had on no makeup. I took them myself.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
lexi what is xtendlife
OMG---there is a whole thread I started on it. It is a product from New Zealand that is the best moisturiser, firmer and lotion I have ever used. Everyone I have turned on to it or that has found it on their own has been raving about it.

Goatlady--I did see your mother's pics I do think it helped her but I think as you found it has a stop point. The older someone is the slower their skin turnsover and years of neglect of exfoliation give a built up aged look that can be remedied with exfoliation alone. BUT to get to the dermis and start to really stimulate collagen requires mild dermal damage or dermal penetration and this is not accomplished by epidermal exfoliants---that is why you did so well then needed a bit more!

·
Registered
670 Posts
A billion fire ants???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh %^&^&&%^% NO!

·
Registered
452 Posts

First, I cleansed according to the directions in the kit. Then, I prepped my skin with the solution in the kit. After that, I sloshed on the runny 50% glycolic. .

Ondine you did a 50% Glycolic and 50% TCA Peel?

·
Registered
452 Posts
OMG---
... it has a stop point. The older someone is the slower their skin turnsover and years of neglect of exfoliation give a built up aged look that can be remedied with exfoliation alone. BUT to get to the dermis and start to really stimulate collagen requires mild dermal damage or dermal penetration and this is not accomplished by epidermal exfoliants---/QUOTE]

I have used 70% GA (from GOW) for months and I (dilute first) mix it with moisturizing creams for face and body. I use full strength on "tough areas". It exfoliates and when I see/feel the first hint of redness and burning, I stop using the cream. I did/do not lighten. I believe my months of consistent exfoliation accelerated the results I achieved with the HQ/RA.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
That source that I listed, I am close with the people that work there, one of the employees is a friend of my acquaintance and she says that they make the peels ready to order, they use the highest quality and what separates them from the rest is that they dont use harmful preservatives and skin irritants that are included in others.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts