Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have GOT to try the Clairol Perfect 10 hair colour kit. It goes on like silk blending evenly. It has 2 applicator choices & is ready to rince in 10 short minutes (15 mins on those stubborn greys
)! I used the medium brown & the colour is rich, even, natural looking, conditioned & ZAP! No greys!
<---my happy face . This stuff looks like a salon job. The 'tone' is a true med brown as stated on the box. No reddy tones in the light (& my natural hair is deep auburn!) no violet tones. The brown is vibrant; not mousy. Just thought I'd tell you guys all about it

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Thanks Ondine I have not tried this one yet. I have wondered about it. Update after about 4-6 weeks of washes if you think about it I would like to know how your hair looks/feels after that many washes. The color I was using after fading looked really bad to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried Perfect Ten and I didnt like it. My hair was so dry after using it, even with the conditioner. And the color on my hair wasnt as nice as my usual color.

My favorite kit is Feria. I always get good color and my hair stays soft.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. RE haircolour changing over time, my haircolour would fade faster if I used Head & Shoulders Shampoo. Whenever I botched a colour, I'd use this shampoo regularly to get rid of it faster. Going swimming in a chlorinated pool had this effect to. After all, chlorine is bleach. The sun too used to suck the colour out. With some other brands I used, my hair became very dry after a few shampoos. Sometimes the colour would only look good after 2-3 shampoos washed off the surface dye (when I tried very dark colours). This one seems really promising!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it is one of those individual things. I had tried the Feria & I found the range of colours overly bright & it dried out my hair! The Black leather DID five me a beautiful colour, though. Very rich. BUT it wasn't long before it began washing out & drying out my hair. Perhaos it is because I also use a relaxer on occasion (2-3 times/year). Thanks for your input, scrap happy mom & your hair colour does look nice.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sounds good Ondine. I will rec it to my sister who colors her hair herself, if you like it after say, 4 weeks! I always use a SLS-free shampoo like Pureology to keep the color longer in my highlights.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try as I really want this stuff to last; the effect is too grest to waste.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have seen a new herbal hair colourant know as "naturtint "at my local health shop. Have anybody used this product and how do you find it? Would love your thoughts before purchasing.

Please share if u know of any more herbal hair dyes.

thanks.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My aunt uses this stuff & she dyes her greys back to dark brown. She's very happy with her results to-date. She wears her hair quite short so she never has any damage due to frequent haircuts. It does give her rich shiny colour but I can't say how it wears over time on longer hair.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You guys have GOT to try the Clairol Perfect 10 hair colour kit. It goes on like silk blending evenly. It has 2 applicator choices & is ready to rince in 10 short minutes (15 mins on those stubborn greys
)! I used the medium brown & the colour is rich, even, natural looking, conditioned & ZAP! No greys!
<---my happy face . This stuff looks like a salon job. The 'tone' is a true med brown as stated on the box. No reddy tones in the light (& my natural hair is deep auburn!) no violet tones. The brown is vibrant; not mousy. Just thought I'd tell you guys all about it
ondine I don't recall seeing this brand, do you live in Canada, thanks.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hey Ondine it's been about 6 weeks since you used this. Did it last? How about condition of hair, dry or shiny? Grays showing? Let me know. I just bought my usual Natural Instincts non perm color. Only last for one month, but I love this one color

1 - 15 of 15 Posts