Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about this ready made vitamin C serum? Its a different type and here is the product description as taken from the website skincarecentral.biz.
Protect, Repair and Lighten Skin--All in One Product!

Ascorbic Acid works best at an acidic pH. While effective, acidic Vitamin C products may irritate some skins. This novel formula uses Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate. These three forms of vitamin C create a remarkable synergistic combination that remains stable for long periods, offering high antioxidant and collagen boosting poperties but without any rritation of the skin. In fact, this formula is soothing and anti-inflamatory. It is the perfect product to use after facial peels as well as in the AM for antioxidant benefits and in the PM for additional skin lightening effects.

What is Ascorbyl Glucoside?
Ascorbyl Gluscoside is a new type of stable Vitamin C that is not easily oxidized, but still shares the same physiological activation mechanism as ordinary Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid). By formulating the product with Ascorbyl Glucoside, the less degradable Vitamin C exerts a sustained action on the skin, bringing about remarkable effects not only in improving discoloration and freckles, but also in stimulating collagen production to prevent the aging of skin.

Ascorbyl Glucoside has proven antioxidant, skin lightening and age-spot reduction efficacy and has been historically recognised in Japan as a Quasi drug for skin whitening.

Directions: Apply to clean skin A.M. and P.M. and allow to dry. May be used as often as needed on irritated or freshly peeled skin.

Ingredients: Distilled water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethlhexlglycerin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lighten how much does the product cost and where is it available? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been trying to get ahold of a Vitamin C serum that doesnt cost around 30 to 40 bucks an ounce, they all cost around 35 to 42 dollars, idk why the pricing is fixed around that area. If you guys know of anything better.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I have been trying to get ahold of a Vitamin C serum that doesnt cost around 30 to 40 bucks an ounce, they all cost around 35 to 42 dollars, idk why the pricing is fixed around that area. If you guys know of anything better.
Most of the good ones are way more expensive than that. (Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, Cellex C)..........Have you tried making your own C serum yet?
Until someone can convince me that there is a better form of vitamin C in a serum, I'm sticking to good ole ascorbic acid.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh my goodness! It sounds like a good product but I looooove my DIY Serum and it just costs me pennies and I make it fresh as needed. Lighten, have you thought of making you own? Mine is the simplest one of all just Distilled Water and Ascorbic Acid, sometimes I add a few drops of Almond Oil if my skin is feeling very dry. The oil and water do not mix but I shake the @%$# out of it and put it on right away, there are several good Vitamin C recipes on this sight to choose from and it is very economical. I like to spend money on my Dior cosmetics...I can't make them!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What do you guys think about this ready made vitamin C serum? Its a different type and here is the product description as taken from the website skincarecentral.biz.
Protect, Repair and Lighten Skin--All in One Product!

Ascorbic Acid works best at an acidic pH. While effective, acidic Vitamin C products may irritate some skins. This novel formula uses Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate. These three forms of vitamin C create a remarkable synergistic combination that remains stable for long periods, offering high antioxidant and collagen boosting poperties but without any rritation of the skin. In fact, this formula is soothing and anti-inflamatory. It is the perfect product to use after facial peels as well as in the AM for antioxidant benefits and in the PM for additional skin lightening effects.

What is Ascorbyl Glucoside?
Ascorbyl Gluscoside is a new type of stable Vitamin C that is not easily oxidized, but still shares the same physiological activation mechanism as ordinary Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid). By formulating the product with Ascorbyl Glucoside, the less degradable Vitamin C exerts a sustained action on the skin, bringing about remarkable effects not only in improving discoloration and freckles, but also in stimulating collagen production to prevent the aging of skin.

Ascorbyl Glucoside has proven antioxidant, skin lightening and age-spot reduction efficacy and has been historically recognised in Japan as a Quasi drug for skin whitening.

Directions: Apply to clean skin A.M. and P.M. and allow to dry. May be used as often as needed on irritated or freshly peeled skin.

Ingredients: Distilled water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethlhexlglycerin.
Hey, LNL, maybe you can make this exact same formula by asking Kassy how to do it! She can probably tell you how to create this at home. I am all for the diy serums now. They are the best and the cheapest!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Vit C serums are very expensive....I was using Cellular Skin RX C + Firming Serum 12% Stabilized Vitamin C. It was $38.00 without shipping. Worked great. I added a little Vit E to it. It is definitely cheaper to make your own though and works just as good if not better. You can make just enough to last you a week or make it daily.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Come on now, you know what our answer is going to be LnL..........make your own, you will be happy you did!!!!!

Come on it is easy as 1, 2, 3 and cheap as [email protected]##!!! Make your own and save your money for clothes with nice colors, which are NOT cheap-

Reactions: Malin

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks to Noir - who posted the name of her Vit C serum which new formulation uses the Asborbyl Glucoside and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate I plan on getting them (hopefully from bulkactives dot com) and trying a triple C Serum by adding the Ascorbic Acid.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks LNL. Is the Ascorbyl Glucoside a sugar, hence the name glucose? Do you think it will cause an imbalance with sugar levels? Is this just topical or also oral?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks LNL. Is the Ascorbyl Glucoside a sugar, hence the name glucose? Do you think it will cause an imbalance with sugar levels? Is this just topical or also oral?
Highly effective Vitamin C Serums at affordable prices! This link explains its history/description. It wont cause an imbalance with sugar levels, anything applied topically on your facial skin with a low concentration doesnt affect the whole body. Are you a diabetic? This is topical.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
No I am not a diabetic and my sugar levels has always been normal. But they (diabetes) run very high on my mother's side of the family only and she has had it for about 13 years now and they are all average and thin sized people, not big at all. So I try to be very careful most of the time..although I do like sweets. Topical sounds great then and thanks for the link!

·
Registered
713 Posts
My DIY Serum costs about 5 cents for 2oz...and I love it! It is soooo simple to make and I don't purchase anything on line I just go to a health food store 10 minutes away from my house. Life is good!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Obagi Exfoliating Day Lotion contains the ascorbyl glucoside. Is anyone worried that the glucose/glycation may be detrimental to the skin?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks to Noir - who posted the name of her Vit C serum which new formulation uses the Asborbyl Glucoside and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate I plan on getting them (hopefully from bulkactives dot com) and trying a triple C Serum by adding the Ascorbic Acid.
WOW!!! all this chemical making, serum mixing talk is interesting. i am so new to this, besides following the dirrections on the Obagi bottles and Tretinoine tube, that i will nto kno wwhatere to start. i had a rally bad experience with trying to ride my face of some dark spots, i used a TCA (i think) peel and it turned those marks into big black cirlcles..hahaha, i cried for days...lol, there was a time whe i loved my face, but now i look like a troll doll....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts