Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be honest, as a guy I have never looked into (or been interested if I am brutally honest) good skin care. Currently I only use a Nivea face scrub and moisturizer. There is clearly a lot of educated people on these forums and I was hoping for some recommendations.

Although I do not have any major acne issues I get the occassional breakout of spots and also my nose does have a few blackheads. Some of this I put down to some bad eating habits at times and lack of water. Also I have noticed lines on my forehead. Not sure if that is the best way to describe it.

My skin is not oily but to be honest I really have no idea what is best to get and even how to use it. I do not mind going down the whole Patrick Bateman path from American Psycho should it provide good results.

If anyone could offer advice it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the link. My skin I guess is pretty normal maybe slightly on the dry side. Would it be possible for you to recommend me some products? There are so many overall and its somewhat daunting ..

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sure! I'm going to assume you are in your twenties...right?
Here is some info about general products to use:
Skin care in your twenties

A good sunscreen is the most important thing you can use to prevent sun damage now and help your skin stay young. Look for one with tinosorb or mexoryl - the European sunscreens have these ingredients:
Avene Emulsion, Bioderma Photoderma MAX - Highest UVA Protection -- BEST PRICES ANYWHERE!
This site also has suggestions for good cleansers and moisturizers too.

You don't need to spend a lot or make it difficult. A simple aspirin/honey mask will help with the blackheads and make your skin clear:
YouTube - Soft Skin With an Aspirin Mask! (tutorial)

HTH and let us know how you do with it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I am 25. Thank you for the link. I went for the:

- Clenser: Exceptionally Gentle Cleanser with Rosewood Oil
- Moisturizer: Ultra Emu Oil by LB Processors
- Sun Protector: Avène Emulsion Ultra High Protection for Sensitive Skin
SPF 50+ (PPD-UVA 20)

I guess this is fine to get started? Or did I miss something important. Will take sometime before all this becomes sound in my mind

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think that should work out really well for you! Good idea!

Sometimes SS is difficult to remove with just cleanser, especially the waterproof and European/Japanese ones. If you feel like your skin is "coated" after cleansing, you could use an aspirin mask or a gentle oil to remove it. I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil to remove my Avene SS. Then wash with my usual cleanser.

Let us/me know how you do with your goodies!! I have never tried the Rose Oil cleanser, but I've used Emu Oil and it is very nice for healing and protecting - lightweight and not oily. You don't need more than a couple drops!!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts