Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I've just joined, so a big hello to all!: I'm from Brisbane, Australia and I'm wondering if anyone has used a TX Roller (Leaf and Rusher)before? I've started using mine for 6 nights now. 2 nights ago, I developed a reaction to it, maybe it's the serum I'm using or maybe I pressed too hard (thinking no pain, no gain!). I'm even on a course of antibiotics now, as prescribed by my GP today. After each use, I sanitise it with Isocol. If anyone has an experience good or bad, I'll like to hear it. Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi! Welcome! I'm sorry that happened to you!

I only use it every 6-10 days

I use that very one and did have some problems with it at first. I was overusing it and going too deeply. I wound up having to use a steroid cream since my skin was so inflamed! I had to back off for several months and now have started with it again.....very gently!

Don't go back and forth at first. Just one pass is fine until you "toughen up".
Don't press too hard either. Just be gentle. It takes a while to know how to use it.

I soak mine in Denture Cleaning tablets to get any debris off the pins, then soak in alcohol just like you do.

Stick with it! The products are nice too, but go slow if you are rolling them in with the Dermaroller. I would use them separately at first.

HTH

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for that! The shop was really nice and said if I wanted, I could return it. So, maybe I shld hang on to it and give it another go. The leaflet says to put the serum on and then the roller to roll over it. Did u say you rolled first, and then put the serum on? Are u getting good results now with it? How long was it for you before you saw any difference? Right now, I look like I have a lot of pimples! Scary!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes, that is exactly what my skin looked like, and very itchy. I was scratching like a hound!

You can roll the products in, yes. I read that the tiny "channels" that the pins create stay open for a while so you could theoretically apply products after. I would really wait until my skin is toughened up to rolling *without* products before attempting to roll them in. But you have to see how your skin reacts!

Wait a good long while before attempting it again. Like a couple months! And go gently. After I started again and went gently I started seeing some nice smoothing of lines and plumping up of skin within a couple weeks, but again, I only use it once every 6-10 days.

Good luck. Once you get the hang of it, it's a nice tool. What are you trying to do with it? What problems do you have?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh mine did not itch but just doesn't look good! I'm on the antibiotics now, and it does look like it is clearing up! I think I'll like to keep the roller until my skin heals and then go again and this time, very gently, like you say! What products do you use with it? The leaflet says serum. I wonder if creams are ok to use immediately after using the roller. I didn;t buy the Leaf and Rusher creams coz they are too expensive, I 'm using guinot products.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You could use any actives. Anything you want to push deeper into the skin. I use vitamin C serum. I think you could use creams, but it seems like serums would have an easier time sinking into the little channels.

L&R products are nice, but as you say, expensive. Any glycolic acid products would work I think. Be sure to wear a good sunscreen since the skin will be more prone to UV damage once the epidermis is interrupted.

Have you seen the vids for Dermaroller? If you google around there are several.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the advice! Will google the vids to see! Thanks for being such a great help. My skin has also cleared up by now. But I won;t do any rolling just yet!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts