Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this forum and iam probs the only guy on here lol but i was wondering is it possible to get from tyrese gibson to Chris Browns skin colour?.... i want overall ligtening, what products would be best and how long would it take? (is it Hydroquinone, Mequinol i heard this is quite powerfull!?)
also would i need to exfoliate and if so with what products?
Hoping to hear from anyone!??

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
lol nooo you arent the only guy here. You would need Hydroquinone (HQ)4% and in combination with Retin-A 0.1%. This is the proven and effective method for skin lightening. It is possible to get that complexion, but it would take some time. As far as exfoliating is concerned, simple facial srubs like St Ives Apricot scrub or a Exfoliating Cloth would be nice. Use one-twice a week depending on your skin. Thats about it, apply it either at the same time (can be very irritating) so you can do it alternatively, as in you apply retin-a then wait 30 minutes and then apply the HQ. Use a pea size about of both creams. Make sure to clean your face properly with skin cleanser and use sunscreen as skin under the influence of HQ is VERY sensitive to light and can easily darken if proper steps are not take. Use a strong SPF 75+. Welcome to the forums and good luck!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi PaulWalk & welcome to the forum! I see you've met Reyaz01. The above advice is fantastic. Read around for a while-about Tretinoin (Retin A or simply RA) & read about Hydroquinone (HQ). You can definitely lighten from the shade you are to the one you want. When I began in Jan, I was the same dark red tone as Jermaine Jackson. I am muhc lighter now. Has I just continued with rapid lightening, I'd be very fair by now BUT I wanted to experiment & test different alleged lightening products & formulations. Speed is not my goal; I want to gain a thorough knowledge about lightening agents. I want to 'ceack the code' & help make safe effective lightening readily accessible & available. I resent these companies who charge a fortune for cheaply made products that give iffy results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks alot guys for the advice!!! very usefull! im starting to really like this forum that because u guys are open, helpful and not judgementall like others!!!.. i was wondering with an estimate how long do you think this would take from tyresse to chris colour?...e.g. 6mths 1year 2 etc!?? also ive heard quite horrific stories bout hq that it can turn ur colour darker and like blue grey like!!! is this true because ive searched around now and heard good stories!! whats your expert opinions guys? and finally would it be easy to maintain this light ChrisB colour? or quite difficult!!?

Thanks xD

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jayice you in the same position as me!? i really want that chris brown colour! Ondine and reyaz what colour is CB on the fizpatrick scale? and im my mind is in the same muddle as jayices and ive got the same ques!! im scared bout hq! and all that orchodis stuff! can u guys help us with this!???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts