Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a week or so back about being worried I had ringworm on my face...I went to the dermatologist and he confirmed it. I was treating it with tea tree oil and it seemed to be working pretty well. I guess I got over-zealous with it though and applied it too often hoping to speed up the healing...it's bad having it on my face! Well the ringworm looks awesome. It's made big improvements, the last of the scabbed raised borders came off yesterday so it's smooth now...but I think I may have chemical-burned the area itself and around it by overapplying the TTO. It's very red and sore, even extending beyond the original ringworm rash. I know I have to keep treating for ringworm though or it could come back. Should I just start applying some regular anti-fungal cream and hold off on the TTO? I've noticed it's stung BADLY the last few applications. Maybe the original scabbing was taking the burn originally but now that's gone... any way, it doesn't look "ringed" at all any more, just a pink patch on my cheek now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually had the same thing and I just made a post about it. I've used coco butter which has been working, but not fast enough! Had the scar been anywhere else I probably wouldn't care how fast it went away, but my FACE?! Anyway, I just started using the ambi soap bar & it seems to be doing better. I think I just want an overnight treatment. My dermatologist told me it would take about 6 months before it went back to its normal color. Well its been 5 months for me and its not back to normal.....but it does look much better. If you find anything thay helps you let me know! Take care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts