Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i shave my underarms and it is resulting in dark arms....i often exfoliate it with soap and pumice stone and also apply hydroquione cream 2times a day, iam getting a party where i plan to wear sleeveless, i would like to know how to lighten the arms and how to have underarms like those of filmstars, do they opt for permanent hair removal or what? plz help

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Punjabeerockers,

I say go for some laser hair removal. I've had my lower body done and it has been nothing short of life changing for me. This would eliminate the dark shadow you are talking about. Alternatively, you could wax or use an epilator which I sometimes do for a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
161 Posts
thought I'd post this as my experience with an epilator, but realized there was a similar post.

Here's to bumping it back and to celebrate the painful torture of epilators

The hair comes back much lighter, but more importantly, the underarm area and the bikini area does not develop dark patches. Without any lightening these areas have gone back to match most major body parts. Aint that summin?

But the epilator is one painful mother haw haw

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I don't know what it is in the US but in Australia I paid $5000 for my entire lower body (from the waist down). It was many treatments over several months so it was expensive and time consuming but very worth it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello all...I have had my 2nd treatment of laser hair removal, and my underarm hair is pretty much history (yay). I still have the dark discoloration, though and would like advice on how to lighten this area. I am Hispanic with an olive undertone, similar to Jessica Alba's color I would say. Any advice ? I have never used any lightening products before.......

thank you!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've posted a thread about that. Please check it out! Also check my update where I discuss it as well. You may find some tips you can use. I also got mine lasered & have never regretted it for a second!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts