I am going to use Hydrochinon 5%

I apply this on my face
Do I also apply this under my eyes?

I know this are is much thinner

Manny Thnx

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Danny there is no reason not to but just be careful of your eyes and do not get any IN your eye. Hydroquinone is often prescribed to people who have very dark hereditary circles so there is no contraindication.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I applied my HQ4% within 1/2" of my eyes & the lids lightened like the rest of my fsace anyways. BTW, what brand or kind of hydroquinone 5% are you using? Some brands & products have been shown to be useless at best & dangerous at worst. Be certain your formulation is safe & authentic.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ondine did you have any discolourations? I am considering doing liquid hydroquinone on some sun induced freckles but just on the freckles with a cotton bud as I do not want to lighten the entire area!

Also, I have used my tri-luma right up to under my eye at level with the actual lower lid as well as over the top lid and had less irritation than I had with my neck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i don't have my own Pharmacy

i'm located in the Netherlands....

My dad is lightskinned and have dark patches under is eyes and on his sleep..
so the doctor give him Hydrochine 5% to treat the area..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ok--Ik had in Amsterdam gewont! Waar woon je? Hydroquinone 5% is heel goed om te bruiken! I should probably keep it English so nobody gets mad!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha
ja ik begrijp je wel ik, woon in Eindhoven
i'm living in Eindhovoven
gebruik je zelf Hydrochine 5%?
are you using Hydrochine 5%?
where do you live?

Sorry for the people that have to read this

i still can not give people a private message...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ik ben surinaams
i'm am from suriname
where are you from?
are you a boy or a girl?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ben en meisje. Ik ben Zweeds en Amerikaans (mijn vater) en ik woon in Miami Beach maar ik heb hier voor alleen twee jaren gewont.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
How cool to see another language here in the forum. I don't think there's anything to get mad about at all; it adds another dimension to the forum.

There was no discolouration on my skin. I was just looking to go lighter. How much so, I haven't made a firm decision yet. I am glad it is a gradual process & not a sudden change.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am glad you are ok with it, sometimes people get mad on forums!

Did you find the results permanent? Ondine are you Pakistani? How light would you want to get? I wish I was darker, then I would just always wear sunblock and love my skin! I love browner skin!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Danny, the Avatar photo is me. Although I look so Pakistani that Pakistanis think I'm a Pakistani, I am not. I am from a very diverse multi cultrual bkgd.

I guess we humans are tough to please: dark people struggle to lighten, pale people spray on tans..we change our hair, our features, our noses...it doesn't end! I'm undecided as to how light I intend to get. I'll take my time & watch the changes carefully. I don't want to rush too much.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Very true Ondine but in reality darker skin is better for many reasons not least of which it does hide imperfections often but I guess then again it can accentuate some. From the eyes alone I would have guessed Pakistani but then again you also look like a friend of mine who is Dutch from Suriname and has Indian, Black and White backgrounds.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
In another thread I uploaded the photo of a woman with decidedly West/Central African features who used mono to become caucasian white. Her body looks great BUT the pale skin looks awful with her facial features. AWFUL as in she'll need plastic surgery. She is someone who would've looked prettier by far with brown skin so lightening just a little would've been more flattering. It is the same with hair colour; some people look washed out & terrible with blonde hair but make radiant brunettes. Sometimes the reverse is true. It really depends on the individual.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts