Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have gotten some fine lines under my eyes, they are not really prominent but they do bother me. They seem to be the beginning of crows feet. Anyways, I have been wondering how to remove these if possible, I believe I got them from my skin being way to dry one day. I am not sure if it is at all possible but I am trying to get rid of them by using various methods, such as the application of moisturizers and such but I am also willing to try something more drastic such as microdermabrasion, however, I am trying to remove these without surgery so any suggestions would be great. By the way I am a man, almost 25 years old.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I dont think that you can actually reverse the lines and wrinkles with an OTC cosmetic. Your priority now should be maintaning what you have by using a rich, daily eye cream with sunscreen and serum and well as minmizing sun exposure. I dont have much faith in expensive serums and creams that promise miracles and deliver nothing. Have you seen a dermatologist? Looked into botox or those type of treatments?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Crows feet are normally around the side of the eye area, if it is just the under neath then this is prob just fine lines!

skincarediva i dont think personally a young guy of 25 should be resorting to botox! Firstly its expensive and is only temporary fix and secondly their are other options out there! Botox should always be a last resort in my opinoin!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It's really pretty simple & you don't need expensive moisturizers etc with all the latest voodoo ingredients. All you need to do is:

Sunscreen (to prevent sun damage, the #1 cause of wrinkles)

Retin A (to rebuild collagen)

Vit C+E+ferulic serum (to exfoliate and protect)

Massage and facial exercise (to strengthen the muscles and skin of the face and stimulate collagen). This is a good way to get rid of and prevent crowsfeet - there is a special exercise just for the crowsfeet area.

Proper nutrition.

No smoking.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
At 25 though i did not think it is a good idea to use retin a is it.
According to smartskincare.com

In MOST cases, the 20s is not yet time for aggressive wrinkle treatments that modify skin physiology.

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. Maybe not at 25 but maybe 2-3 times a week from 28-30 Definitely use a quality photostable sunscreen and use a great C serum with CE and Ferulic acid. You'll be way ahead of the game doing this.

Skin care in your twenties

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, there is a point to be made for Retin-A, I think.

Since it is used in much lower concentrations for wrinkles than for acne, I think a Retin-A Micro 0.04% cream used 2 or 3 times a week, as The Baby suggests, might be a good idea for keeping the skin smooth. It would be more effective than the OTC retinol creams anyway.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well, there is a point to be made for Retin-A, I think.

Since it is used in much lower concentrations for wrinkles than for acne, I think a Retin-A Micro 0.04% cream used 2 or 3 times a week, as The Baby suggests, might be a good idea for keeping the skin smooth. It would be more effective than the OTC retinol creams anyway.
Very true. I imagine there are quite a few folks in the world who wish they would have started using retin-a before age 30

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
personally i think at 25 this is too young to use retin product, im sure they say not to on smart skincare for good reason! However if you do have fine lines i would start by introducing a good skincare rountine and antioxidents and vitamins into that routine and see how this goes, If you do feel the need for retin product then personally i would just use it around the eyes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I do have fine lines... Sadly I am trying to get rid of them, but as of recently I have only managed to get them to seem less visible by use of moisturizers. At what age should I start using Retin-A.

I got my fine lines due to poor health, stress, and washing my face with a harsh soap (I was forced to use this soap on my face).

The fine lines are not that visible, but I can see them and they bother me, I also know that I might have to go back to my poor health lifestyle again and I am concern that they are going to become much worse.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Personally i would suggest that if you are developing fine lines at what i would concerned a young age that you talk to your doctor about this!

Just my opinion but may be see what your doctor thinks about using retin a at your age he may be able to suggest a good product you can use!

they do say you should be 30 really before using ret a!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I went to the doctor because I got really sick. All I was told was that I was depressed and that I had a high concentration of CO2 in my body for some reason, but since it was a university doctor they just assumed I was smoking and depressed which I wasn't, later on I found out that I was working with dangerous chemicals at my work, but couldn't prove it, so oh well.

I did develop fine lines and my skin is back to normalish now that I no longer work, but I guess I won't worry too much about the fine lines since I can barely see them now, but my eyelids themselves have gotten a new set of folds around them that looks odd to me, but I guess its fine.

Another note, what could possible cause fine lines at close to 25 years of age, I always assumed this was impossible but I found out the hard way that this was simply not true.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Is using Retin-a really that damaging or dangerous to use? I'm 17 but I'm already considering the usage of this product? May I have a synopsis or overview on what the risks and benefits of Retin-A?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is using Retin-a really that damaging or dangerous to use? I'm 17 but I'm already considering the usage of this product? May I have a synopsis or overview on what the risks and benefits of Retin-A?
My skin is looking much better since using retin a. But I have many unwanted hair growth.

Fawnie: I am indebted to your recommendations. Why not tazarotene instead of retin a? It seems to me tazarotene has quicker results, no unwanted hair growth. retin a has been used for a longer time and its long term safety is better known. [Tazarotene is not that new either].

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
40, I'm not the expert on retinoids, I think periwinkle could answer that better. My understanding is that taz is stronger than retin-a, so if your skin can take it you might try it. I've never had unwanted hair growth on my face from using Retin-A Micro tho.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
225 Posts
40, I'm not the expert on retinoids, I think periwinkle could answer that better. My understanding is that taz is stronger than retin-a, so if your skin can take it you might try it. I've never had unwanted hair growth on my face from using Retin-A Micro tho.
Retin a does not grow hair on everyone but in some cases. It is used in hair regrowth products. I have seen other cases where people claim hair growth with retin a [one other in this forum. I am sorry do not remember who]. I did not find anything like that with tazarotene.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
On the head it is reported to release the keratin plugs from the scalp follicles, yes, so that might be the factor in scalp hair growth.

Tyriffic. I don't think someone at 17 needs any other antiageing products other than sunscreen!! Unless you have acne and a Dr has recommended it.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts