Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have wrinkles on the rest of my face, only right under my eyes. What can I use to help this issue?? Does anyone know of any natural ways (at home formulas) that I can make that would be safe to apply around my eye area? Or cheap creams I can buy? Also, is it safe to use sunscreen around my eyes? That of course is a huge concern as well.
Thanks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL it's normal to have fine lines around the eyes after the age of 18!

Do you squint?
Do you sleep with your face smushed into a pillow!
Do you wear sunscreen faithfully and wear sunglasses?

You can and should apply sunscreen around the eyes, just not the top lid. If the chemical ss bothers your eyes, you could use a physical (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) one.

A product with retinol might help combat the lines, as well as a vitamin C serum. Exfoliating gently could help as well. Good nutrition also will help your skin maintain its integrity for a long time!

If you look all the way at the bottom there is some good basic info about the eye area:

Skin Care Basics

HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!! That is helpful to know that it is more common than I thought! Haha. Thank you for that link, the eye care section seems very helpful!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think it's safe to apply sunscreen meant for your body on your eyes. You should only use products that are intended for the eye around your eye (if you don't do this it can actually cause puffiness). Also, any skincare products you use, you should always use the complete system from the same manufacturer because they are made to work together and complement each other. Using a combination of products made by different companies can actually due more harm than good. I'm a Mary Kay beauty consultant--our Timewise anti-aging moisturizers are great. The eye cream and soothing eye gel are my favorite products--all the products contain SPF 15 or 25, ideal for being out in the sun. Go to my site to check them out --can't hurt. marykay.com/atarallo

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had the same thing starting at about 25 as well. They were three fine lines under each eye, NOT crow's feet, just three lines under the eyes. I used tretinoin (retin-a) and they disappeared. I also use sunglasses ANY time I am in the sun. People often think I am doing it to be cool or it is a trademark look but honestly, even when it is cloudy but bright I have the shades on--just make sure they are wrap around and they are UV blocking lenses.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I don't think it's safe to apply sunscreen meant for your body on your eyes. You should only use products that are intended for the eye around your eye (if you don't do this it can actually cause puffiness). Also, any skincare products you use, you should always use the complete system from the same manufacturer because they are made to work together and complement each other. Using a combination of products made by different companies can actually due more harm than good. I'm a Mary Kay beauty consultant--our Timewise anti-aging moisturizers are great. The eye cream and soothing eye gel are my favorite products--all the products contain SPF 15 or 25, ideal for being out in the sun. Go to my site to check them out --can't hurt. marykay.com/atarallo
It's perfectly safe to use body sunscreen around your eyes if you tolerate it.
Only use products from the same company????....yea right..Most people here use a combination of products. Sounds like your pushing Mary Kay.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
It's perfectly safe to use body sunscreen around your eyes if you tolerate it.
Only use products from the same company????....yea right..Most people here use a combination of products. Sounds like your pushing Mary Kay.
Go gettem peri!!

Ya, not into using just one product line. I use so many different combinations I myself have a hard time keeping them all straight. How boring would life be if we used just one product line, all with the same label-no thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you look all the way at the bottom there is some good basic info about the eye area:

Thank you,fawnie.You seem to be a perfect professional in scin care science.Learned so much from your posts already.Skincarebasics is a lot to read.Hope will be helpful.Thanks again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx fawnie, I also looked up the Skin Care Basics site and found it interesting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look, I will probably say this a hundred times...if you are looking to eliminate lines and wrinkles around your eyes you must buy 100% organic argan oil. I am 46 and NO LONGER have wrinkles around my eyes and my upper lip lines are slowly but surely diminishing. I am a fanatic about this product. Someday when I have time and I have a picture where I don't look stupid, I will post. Now, if I can just get rid of the hereditary sagging jowls which I am working on...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I suggest you use Vitamin E oil or Wheatgerm oil around your eye area.

These pure oils will boost the moisture content of the fragile skin around the eyes. Use them at night.

You should always use sun-screen around the eye-area. In fact, the eyes are usually the first area where lines present themselves.

The best way to prevent any further skin-damage is to use a sun-screen over your entire face and neck. Above all, choose one which contains a non-chemical sun-screen. If you have sensitive skin, choose one which is fragrance and colour-free,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wrinkles develop gradually because of many reasons. We don't even notice them appearing on our face or body. Therefore it is best to start preventing the appearance of any eye wrinkles at a young age.

An eye wrinkle can also appear because of dehydration of the skin. It is recommended that you start using a face wrinkle cream with antioxidants in it. Stress is another cause of an eye wrinkle. Stress can be caused by lack of sleep or minimal sleep, a hectic lifestyle or even by smoking and alcoholism. When we are stressed out, we rub our eyes and squint. You can reduce the eye wrinkle caused by stress by reducing your stress. Also stop yourself from rubbing your eyes and squinting as it also leads to the formation of an eye wrinkle.

Thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL it's normal to have fine lines around the eyes after the age of 18!

Do you squint?
Do you sleep with your face smushed into a pillow!
Do you wear sunscreen faithfully and wear sunglasses?

You can and should apply sunscreen around the eyes, just not the top lid. If the chemical ss bothers your eyes, you could use a physical (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) one.

A product with retinol might help combat the lines, as well as a vitamin C serum. Exfoliating gently could help as well. Good nutrition also will help your skin maintain its integrity for a long time!

Skin Care Basics

HTH!
i am 22. i also have under eye wrinkles. i sleep on my face, cant help it lol. so i found out about the Syn Ake cream and "Avon Anew DERMA-FULL x3 FACIAL FILLING SERUM. i thought i'd give it a try. so i just ordered it. i'd definately post my progress after i recieve the products.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi bluebird87,

Where did you get the Syn Ake cream? Is it the one from Aldi stores?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am 23 and have fine lines under my eyes as well, about 3 under each eye and one is deeper than the others. Its so weird because I dont see anyone my age with wrinkles, ugh its so depressing. I think mine are from sun damage... I was putting coconut oil on my face, I guess it attracted the sun to that area. I have been looking into a diy vitamin c serum to fix this, i dunno what else to do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys seriously, i'm 18 with under eye wrinkles and they are so horrible and age me a million years. Will post a before and after picture with whatever i end up using.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts