Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have GOT to see this woman. She is not some nut, but a Dr. of psych well known in the USA. She generously shares her post bleaching photos (very natural & beautiful) AND the method (& sources) she used for her mono & the oil she mixed it with for viscuosity & moisturization.

Google Images: Vikki Ashley (she used to be Black!)

How to be a ***** with Style | Forms

She advises taking one tube (1 1/2 oz) of 20% mono & mixing it in the blender with 8oz of the Almond Glow (google for source or get it from her article). You store it in a bottle & shake well to reblend before using. She used it once/day after a shower & on still wet skin. After 5 mins or so, you apply your sunscreen & your makeup. She successfully & evenly depigmented in 18 months only! She suggests trying it 2x/day to speed results. I plan to go with once/day as mono is strong & I don't want to risk screwing up my skin. If they delete the link, please PM me & I'll share it with all who inquire. You really need to read this woman's account. She even includes direct contact info. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on, guys! do not shy away from reading or commenting on longer posts. there is much to learn here. I intend to contact Ms. Ashley this afternoon for some advice & to thank her for her candour. Anyone looking to lighten with Mono needs to read her account.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vikki Ashley use to have vitiligo, when you use mono/benoquin on normal skin, it will give you patches of white skin. Eventualy your whole skin turns white. I tried mono but i had to stop using it it gave me a rash and uneven skin. It gave me lighter patches around my mouth, so i got scared.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you mixing it & using it the way Vikki Ashley reccomends or applying it straight from the tube?

Not everything works for everyone & that is true for everything from antibiotics to vitamins. What did you use instead of the mono? Is it working for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No i did not mix it, maybe when u use it with the Almond oil it will work.
after this i did not use anything for a while, two weeks ago i started with HQ5% and trenition, i read your post

No results so far, now i've ordered HQ20%. When i was younger my doctor gave me a cream for my eczema, it had 2% HQ in it. This turned my realy light, like a Beyoncecolor, now i have my original color, like Naomi Cambell, it is almost impossible to find products in The Netherlands where i live. I know HQ worked for me when i was younger.
I hope this cream works, i bought it on the net, so i have to wait and see.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Proscons

You are correct to be wary. this is the reason I am proceeding slowly & carefully instead of just rushing in & smearing on the strongest stuff I can get ahold of!
I am proceeding slowly (& getting real results!) & carefully researching everything out there before choosing. I am more frightened of the mid-overpriced 'whitening creams' with all their vague testimonials talking about 'blemished, bumps, spots & marks'.
These are not dermatological terms & do not describe anything specific. they make implications about skin being 'toned' (what the hell does that even mean?) or 'brightened'. The creams come in small jars with a money back guarantee BUT you need to go through 8 jars to see a so-called 'result' & then the guarantee is void because you repurchased the product!

MEDICINAL products, on the other hand, have a proven track record decades long. They tell you precisely what the product is designed to do, roughly how long it takes, what safety precautions to take & what potential side effects to watch for. People who buy randon creams do not get this info. They mistakenly think that redness & burning are signs that the product is working so they slap on more. Not smart! These are typical signs of an adverse reaction: signs to discontinue use & speak to the doctor. Keep your cautious approach & you'll keep your face!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts