Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of recently I have noticed that my face has an uneven skin tone throughout and I am trying to fix this. Will a skin peel product do the trick or should I try something else. Can someone recommend a skin peel product that won't damage my skin??? Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Help,
Before jumping into anything as extreme as a peel, have you tried a vitamin C serum and retinol/retin-a? This combination is helping me clarify and lighten the sunspots. Not as immediate as a peel but more gentle. This helps build collagen too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been using Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation cream at night. I really like it, and it has definitely helped to even my skintone and lighten sun spots. I alternate nights of this with Avene Retrinal because I don't want to give up my retinol product.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried the Vitamin C serum, but not the retinol. I will try the Vitamin C again, since I haven't in a while. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am finally going to get around to adding a C serum to my routine, but at night only. Will probably alternate with my retinol product on different nights. I don't have time in the morning to do the cleanse, wait, apply C, wait, apply moisturizer, wait, apply sunscreen, wait, apply makeup routine. I think that's part of why I never bothered adding C before, even though it's supposed to help with spots also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yup.. C serum is supposed to do wonders to the uneven skin tone, retinol products work better on smoothing wrinkles

·
Registered
353 Posts
Help,
Before jumping into anything as extreme as a peel, have you tried a vitamin C serum and retinol/retin-a? This combination is helping me clarify and lighten the sunspots. Not as immediate as a peel but more gentle. This helps build collagen too.
I totally agree, and would also add Alpha Hydroxy Acid to that list..

Consistent use of vitamin C serum has totally eradicated a few freckles on my hands + forearms.. (It has to be the C, because I don't use the other stuff on my hands.. The LED + C are all I use there.)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Help,
Agree. Honestly, I think peels are somewhat overrated. I know so many people who get peels regularly and their skin doesn't really look all that different. There's also the risk of more blotchiness if you do it wrong or if your skin can't handle it. On the other hand, consistent use of RA and C serum is safe, gentle, and, in most cases, guaranteed to work. Unfortunately, people want dramatic results instantly, which only leads them to have stress and bad outcomes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts