Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good way to get rid of unwanted facial hair that is not too expensive? I have been using Vaniqua for several weeks. It was expensive and not doing such a great job. It may have slowed the growth some but, beyond that, there doesn't seem to be much progress.
Is there any alternatives besides laser treatments and pricy spas? I would rather not deal with this hair ever again.
I would appreciate your suggestions,
jkg

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about permanent hair removal, and unfortunately I've not heard or read of any.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A friend of mine had laser hair removal on her chin area and it looks fantastic. I think she had a couple treatments and I'm not sure of the cost but it's definitely permanent and she loves it. I think laser hair removal works best on darker hair with light skin but I'm sure you could schedule a consultation at no cost to get info. on it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Its a process very popular in India which has now gained popularity all over the world. A threading beautician uses a special technique to roll a cotton thread over your skin trapping all your hairs with it. It is THE BEST method for shaping eyebrows but, more so, can remove hair from the entire face, neck etc. very fast and without the irritation and damage caused by waxing.
YouTube - Philadelphia Eyebrow Threading Ardmore Shanti Medspa

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
WOW, this is interesting... I've never heard of this, she really gave the girl a really nice regal shape to her eye brows. I have thick fast growing eyebrows so I have to go get mine waxed every 2 weeks. She charges me 10 bucks each time. So it's a total of 20 for the month, that includes top lip too.

But I don't go to a fancy salon, I do it where I get my mani and pedi, here in Cali we have one of those places in every corner. The girls get really good at it because they have so many girls coming in to get it done!

I going to try the threading method next, does anyone have any idea how much it cost?

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts
WOW, this is interesting... I've never heard of this, she really gave the girl a really nice regal shape to her eye brows. I have thick fast growing eyebrows so I have to go get mine waxed every 2 weeks. She charges me 10 bucks each time. So it's a total of 20 for the month, that includes top lip too.

But I don't go to a fancy salon, I do it where I get my mani and pedi, here in Cali we have one of those places in every corner. The girls get really good at it because they have so many girls coming in to get it done!

I going to try the threading method next, does anyone have any idea how much it cost?
Beauty to have my whole face threaded I pay $40. I do it about every 4 weeks or so.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts
Doesn't that encourage more growth? @gymrat ..
total myth, in fact the more you do it the finer your hair will grow. I'm a big threader and waxer, have both I can do at home. But when I don't feel like messing with it, I will have my facial girl do it for me. Makes for such a smooth canvas when applying your makeup :cloud9: plus it serves a dual purpose, it exfoliates too :eek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
total myth, in fact the more you do it the finer your hair will grow. I'm a big threader and waxer, have both I can do at home. But when I don't feel like messing with it, I will have my facial girl do it for me. Makes for such a smooth canvas when applying your makeup :cloud9: plus it serves a dual purpose, it exfoliates too :eek:
completely agree. My hair has almost disappeared over the years from waxing

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
@gymrat....i didn't know u can thread ur entire face......gotta try this

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I've seen girls having their faces shaved at the salon but I've never thought of trying ... Would shaving cause hair growth... @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts
I've seen girls having their faces shaved at the salon but I've never thought of trying ... Would shaving cause hair growth... @gymrat
This I don't know........I have never shaved my face before. I know others who do, and love the convenience of it.... @AIME

I thread/wax peach fuzz, brows, upper lip, etc here is what I use

I've tried all sort of different waxes, this is what I am currently using :eek: and I use one of their heat devices.
http://www.satinsmooth.com/index.php?pcID=1_86_87

And this is my threading tool
https://www.epicarehome.com/

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
This I don't know........I have never shaved my face before. I know others who do, and love the convenience of it.... @AIME

I thread/wax peach fuzz, brows, upper lip, etc here is what I use

I've tried all sort of different waxes, this is what I am currently using :eek: and I use one of their heat devices.
http://www.satinsmooth.com/index.php?pcID=1_86_87

And this is my threading tool
https://www.epicarehome.com/
I guess threading and waxing are safer when it comes to facial hair growth ... For now however, I guess I'm good. It ain't broke so no point tryna fix it ...

Thanks for the info and for sharing Gymmie.

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts
I guess threading and waxing are safer when it comes to facial hair growth ... For now however, I guess I'm good. It ain't broke so no point tryna fix it ...

Thanks for the info and for sharing Gymmie.
And that is the golden rule @AIME :thumbsup: and as always, your very welcome!! You know I have no secrets :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.