Skin Care Talk banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Poppy thanks for replying. I use bobbi brown or mac foundation with SPF 15 to 25 but to be honest I avoid going out during the day. You are an amazing mum to put your kids first and I have decided that I must stop being so selfish and take my kids out instead of getting my family to do what I should be enjoying. I am too 35 years old. Will just have to be patient and hope and pray for it to go. If any improvements I will keep you updated. I have used pigmanorm skin lighter which was prescribed by a derm but my skin was too sensitive and I stopped using. When I went to see Dr Barlow he prescribed Listrata which is suitable for sensitive skin and it helped a little. If you find that yours improves please kindly update me. Thanks! I will send pics to show you how bad I look. Take care and continue being strong and the greatest mummy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Poppy I also had tranexamic acid injections and they would have helped but in those days I had the allergic reactions on a regular basis. Thrush has luckily been controlled with lactic acid and fluc pessaries minimal with nil reactions. It's the oral tabz I have stay well clear of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hali, Poppy and others

Glad to see recent posts about upper lip melasma.

I'm 26 and have had this for 7 months now. I put it down to hormones, as my skin had not experienced trauma (that I know?!). I came off cilest (combined pill) and now take cerozette (progesterone only).

Things did start to improve...I was taking vit C tablets and MSM tablets everyday, and using topical cream adapolene and sunscreen.

Then I went on holiday and it has gone darker than ever, despite applying high SPF and wearing a hat :(

I'm going to continue with my regime for a few more weeks and monitor the melasma...but I am wondering if you or anyone had managed to have your hormone levels checked by the GP, or whether coning off the pill entirely could be something I could consider if the condition does not improve?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Poppy, thanks for reply. I'm well thanks hope to see pics soon. Hey Charlotte, I've come back from my hols and the pigmentation around my mouth area has darkened too, this is normal due to the sun and will fade slightly in time. I know it's so annoying because it takes ages to fade slightly and a tiny bit of sun and you're back to square 1!!!!! We just have to be patient. Take care!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Charlotte,

I discontinued my BC about 3 months ago and I have not shown any real improvement with the melasma. It seems to come and go as it wants even though I stay completely out of the sun, I take a ton of recommended vitamins and use Azelaic Acid. I wish I could find something to help stabalize it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Poppy04,

Have you found any sunscreen that you like yet? I have been using Juice Beauty Organic. It has zinc oxide 20% but leaves my skin very oily. I have also been using the Physicians Formula Supper CC that is like a foundation with SPF 30 but again leaves the skin oily and sits very heavy on the top of the skin.

I look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Poppy04, Have you found any sunscreen that you like yet? I have been using Juice Beauty Organic. It has zinc oxide 20% but leaves my skin very oily.  I have also been using the Physicians Formula Supper CC that is like a foundation with SPF 30 but again leaves the skin oily and sits very heavy on the top of the skin. I look forward to your reply.
Hi I am currently using burnout face and body, it's suiting my skin better now, I do get spots but then I always have so I'm not sure if the burnout is to blame I'm not sure if it would be as effective in strong sun as it's approaching winter here in the uk so next year will be the test It's not greasy at all, sinks right in but it does leave a tacky feel when you touch your skin but it doesn't make my skin feel uncomfortable Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Poppy, I've been having good and bad days. After I returned from holiday pigmentation was dark due to the sun. It took a while before it turned slightly lighter. There are days when I wake up and look in the mirror and it appears less dark than usual and other mornings it looks like I've got a real dark tash!!! It's crazy! I'm going to order some benoquin cream and give that ago and see if it makes a difference. I really wish it would just fade. Will keep u updated. I think it would be good to change desks as the sun beaming on your face will not help even with sun factor and the cold weather.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The pigment is from nutritional deficiencies & imbalance with hormones, thyroid, adrenals. Read on how to balance out th2 and th1 which is your issue. I got rid of my grey upper lip melasma with minerals and iodine and eliminating grains, dairy, soy and processed food

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi

have any of the original posters had success in getting rid of their pih?

ive had mind for a good 3/4 years now and it's not going anywhere

Would love to hear some positive stories

thanks x

·
Administrator
33,535 Posts
Hi

have any of the original posters had success in getting rid of their pih?

ive had mind for a good 3/4 years now and it's not going anywhere

Would love to hear some positive stories

thanks x
What products have you tried so far? And are you wearing a good sunscreen for protection?

121 - 136 of 136 Posts