Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am based in Australia and have Melasma on my upper lip - I have tried laser, skinstitut even blend serum and results rx lightning serum but it hasn't helped.

Apart from sunscreen and trying to avoid the sun is there something else that can help? Not a big fan of laser as I think that is what started this....I have noticed a few people have talked about Meladerm Cream and some other creams but not sure what works best for olive skin?

Thanks for your help - I need a miracle!

x

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I have (I think, a light green olive complexion, I used "barielle" cream, for me it did a great job, and it's cheap!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Two questions--do you wax or have you had electrolysis in the upper lip? Reason being that removal of hair prior to sun exposure in any area, legs arms etc tend to turn the area brown because the follicles end up darker from the melanocytes that migrate there. (Nobody ever warns you).

If this is the case avoid all sun exposure, needless to say, but especially after waxing. In reality the best product I have used for melasma, on the side of my face, was called tri-Luma. It is tretinoin (retin-a) hydroquinone and a steroid. It is only available to my knowledge in USA due to the HQ content but you can order something that seems to approximate it (it is under patent so nobody can use the exact combination of agents yet) on alldaychemist.com I forget who but someone else found this on ADC under a certain name.

Tri-Luma was harsh but cleared my melasma within two weeks completely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, i am 31 years old with olive skin and after the birth of my second child i ended up with malasma on my top lip and it is making me very depressed as i feel everyone is looking at me. I have tried teking large amounts of msm and vitamin c, i have tried meladerm and azailic acid but nothing seems to work i am very tempted to try ipl laser treatment but i am scared it might make it worse whenever i put makeup on it makes it darker. If anyone has any suggestions or advice i would be really greatfull.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, i am 31 years old with olive skin and after the birth of my second child i ended up with malasma on my top lip and it is making me very depressed as i feel everyone is looking at me. I have tried teking large amounts of msm and vitamin c, i have tried meladerm and azailic acid but nothing seems to work i am very tempted to try ipl laser treatment but i am scared it might make it worse whenever i put makeup on it makes it darker. If anyone has any suggestions or advice i would be really greatfull.
You took large amounts from the start?
What was your daily routine when using msm and vitamin c, and how long did you use it for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You took large amounts from the start?
What was your daily routine when using msm and vitamin c, and how long did you use it for?
Hi there, i had malasma on my upper lip for over a year and thought it would clear once hormones had settled but when it appeared again on the second year i tried everything, i started with msm think it was just 2000mg a day then increased slowly to about 8000mg with a 1000mg of vit c, i did this for about 2 or 3 months but it made me feel so sick in the mornings and i was so emotional so i dropped the vit c but still ended up stopping the msm coz felt so ill.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi there, i had malasma on my upper lip for over a year and thought it would clear once hormones had settled but when it appeared again on the second year i tried everything, i started with msm think it was just 2000mg a day then increased slowly to about 8000mg with a 1000mg of vit c, i did this for about 2 or 3 months but it made me feel so sick in the mornings and i was so emotional so i dropped the vit c but still ended up stopping the msm coz felt so ill.
Msm powder tastes vile, if it's not mixed with the correct juice. It's probably the reason you felt sick, I mixed it in with milk when I first purchased it, it was horrid, I spat it straight out!
I started of on 3000mg, and then moved onto 11-13,000, but I only took it with pure orange juice, which is where I got the vitamin c from, rather than using supplements. Orange juice is what you need to avoid the taste. Give it time and be patient, it will make a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Msm powder tastes vile, if it's not mixed with the correct juice. It's probably the reason you felt sick, I mixed it in with milk when I first purchased it, it was horrid, I spat it straight out!
I started of on 3000mg, and then moved onto 11-13,000, but I only took it with pure orange juice, which is where I got the vitamin c from, rather than using supplements. Orange juice is what you need to avoid the taste. Give it time and be patient, it will make a difference.
hi there happyem, i think in the new year i will try again on msm, how bad was your malasma and how much do you thik it improved

1 - 12 of 12 Posts