Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so everyone says it burns, and I tried it two months in a row and yes, it left burns (more than TCA), So, what is everyone using, help, I need to do this about once a month, but I don't want to have this red/brown spot on the sides of my lips. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi NurseMarie, I recommend that you use cold wax strips and prior to using them dab a bit of talc on the area just to make sure it's absolutely dry and afterwards I use something called Miracell...it's an all purpose oil, 37 different usages apparently! I also use it after I've tweezered my eyebrows and it really works to get rid of the stinging and redness..in minutes!
hope this helps

·
Registered
316 Posts
If waxing your upper lip is causing a burn the wax is being heated WAY too high. I am an esthetican and NEVER had this problem. I would heed the advise of using cold wax strips or going to a professional to get it done. It's pretty affordable, you could also look into going to schools to get it done. The students are always supervised and are never put 'out on the floor' until they've had quite a bit of experience already. Also, schools are the most hygienic.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
They are right, there is no way that wax should be that hot- there is simply no reason - except to torture people. I wax all the time, heck I even wax my step son, and it shouldn't hurt at all. Taking off a band aid just like that, that is all you should feel. Sounds like whom ever did your wax wasn't a true pro! I would be scared to go back there.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been getting my upper lip waxed for many years. The ONE time that I was burned was when I tried a new person/place and it was because the was was too hot. The aesthetician obviously knew she screwed that up because she told me she wasn't charging me for the lip wax since I "was a new customer". Took about 2 weeks for it to fully heal and I looked hideous for the first week.
Fortunately I was mostly home on vacation that week. Needless to say, I never went back to her.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My girlfriend gets threading done on her eyebrows and she has a few friends that have it done on their upper lip without much of a fuss and works well. Try looking into it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm interested in threading. I just wish there were more places around where I live that did it. The only place I know of is in the mall and I REFUSE to lay there and get my hair removed while hundreds of people walk by and gawk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure where you are located. I'm in Chicago and there are quite a few nail salons that are clean and safe and offer it in a private location. If you have issues with waxing (I get bumps on my eye-lids every time), threading is great! (It's a bit more painful but worth it for the sensitive skin types).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts