Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to say for those of you who are planning on using the Microfiber cloth, use it with caution, its the best thing out there for exfoliation and getting rid of those dull flakes from Retin-A, thereby brightening the skin and making it glow but there will be times when u feel like you need to use a little more pressure to exfoliate with it and when you do this you end up with raw skin, red, skin. So use it with gentle circular motions; dont put pressure.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Exactly right LnL very gentle circular motions. Isn't it great?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ouch, you poor thing! I'm sure it will heal. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Maybe some paracetamol too. That always calms the redness and burning for me if it's really bad. Good advice about being gentle, not matter which way you remove the flakes.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
yep it will do that LnL gotta go slow and gentle with that
SO now you know! I learned very quickly to be careful with that thing

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say for those of you who are planning on using the Microfiber cloth, use it with caution, its the best thing out there for exfoliation and getting rid of those dull flakes from Retin-A, thereby brightening the skin and making it glow but there will be times when u feel like you need to use a little more pressure to exfoliate with it and when you do this you end up with raw skin, red, skin. So use it with gentle circular motions; dont put pressure.
I am assuming you are using the one from NCN?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course, after the rave reviews and guess what? it actually exfoliates and seems to leave my skin cleaner than any cleanser/toner, idk how a rag does that with only water.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I am glad you are liking it. I love it. I can only use it a couple of times a week. I can't use it on the day after I have used RA it makes my face a little too red.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
what percentage of RA are you using? and btw how strong is ur skin after the whole Accutane course?
I just switched to .04% RA in the last 2 weeks, before that I was using 0.1%. Both are RA micro.

Well you know, while I was on Accutane my face was as thin as paper. I had to be really careful just washing it. This is my 9th month being off of it. My derm said to give it a full 12 months before it is back to norm. The corner of my eyes is the only place that still gives me grief. They are always red and very sensitive.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
do you think using all these exfoliants - AHA/BHA, RA, Green Cream worsens ur skins recovery to normalcy?
I couldn't use anything for 3 months coming off of Accutane. Then I had to gradually increase. My derm gives me prescriptions for my RA. Plus he was more concerned with the sun than he was the products I was going to use. He is VERY surprised I have kept my face sun free!! It hasn't been easy either, let me tell ya!! Living here can be brutal. It is still in the 100's-

I don't think there is a "normal" to skin. Have you ever met someone who is happy with their skin? someone who says "I LOVE the way my skin looks!" I haven't-
My skin definately has good days and bad days, but never perfect days.

I just take it one day at a time and hope for the day when it is normal again, whatever that may be, I will take it!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
OMG and I thought I was a night owl!! LnL I just looked at the time in NY, it is 2:20 AM!!!! You must really be a night owl!!!! Or you are just coming in from a night on the town-

·
Registered
290 Posts
you are ALL nightowls. I haven't seen 11:30 pm in a long time!

but I am up before the birds around here.

Light, those are wise words, indeed. But let's take that a step further and say light easy touches on face NO MATTER WHAT. No pulling, tugging, smearing, etc. Ever.
Especially for those of us that are just a bit over 35-40-etc.

Quote: Originally Posted by

dont put pressure.

Words to live by! And thank you. (heal quick!)

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
you are ALL nightowls. I haven't seen 11:30 pm in a long time!

but I am up before the birds around here.

Light, those are wise words, indeed. But let's take that a step further and say light easy touches on face NO MATTER WHAT. No pulling, tugging, smearing, etc. Ever.
Especially for those of us that are just a bit over 35-40-etc.

Words to live by! And thank you. (heal quick!)
You are right for those over 35 use the cloth with caution-

And I can go to bed at 2:30 AM and be up by 6 AM, I think I just don't need a lot of sleep. I don't normally go to bed at 2:30 (those nights are over for me), usually I hit the hay by 12-1, and up by 5:30-6-

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx LNL, appreciate the words of caution. I'm eagerly waiting on the arrival of my cloth.

·
Registered
265 Posts
lnl you kill me. you need to change your avatar, everytime I see your picture I'm like????? I dont get it, perfect color skin, remind me of like jean cleade van dam

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanx LNL, appreciate the words of caution. I'm eagerly waiting on the arrival of my cloth.
Hand wash it with as little detergent as possible about once a week in COLD water, be sure to rinse very well for a while, then wring it out and hang it up in the balcony or in front of a fan to dry. It will last longer this way, 4 months.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LnL is 100% right. I did the same thing. I only use it in a "wiping" motion, dragging it across my face without any pressure. It really can exfoliate you Bigtime!!

I wash mine by hand too - if you throw it in the washer with the rest of your clothes it picks up lint on its little fibers and won't be effective in picking up gunk from your skin on its little fibers! For the same reason don't throw it in the dryer - air dry!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I wish I would have read this before getting too frisky with one yesterday. Now I have rough patches! (can't see it, but feels kind of like if you looked close enough I'd have scabby skin? Gross.... sorry) I did this once before and really didn't put 2&2 together. Now I know. Haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts