Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this site has so many trusted members, do you think we could benefit from having a "swap product" section like MakeUpalley? I say this because many of us spend a lot of money on products to test or sometimes we have good products lying around that we dont need anymore but dont want to throw them away either.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think the risk would be that people looking to buy things would come on here and sign-up just to get products. There are legal issues with selling some of these products or even trading them if they are RX items. I, in theory, LOVE the idea, but I think a thread on "anyone wanna trade/buy XXXX pm me" Is a bit better because the site then in not legally liable for what goes on in pms between two consenting adult individuals. Remember, eventhough you can legally buy products from pharmacies without prescriptions (certain products that are not narcotic) they still cover their a*ss by having an MD claim to be the prescribing doctor based on a questionnaire and a so-called remote prescription. The offshore pharmacies simply roll the dice and send. A site like this would be in breach of US, Canadian and UK (and probably other) import laws and as such subject as a (I am assuming US) US based site to trafficking laws---yes trafficking since we would be trading RX medications/selling RX medication.

ON THE OTHER HAND...if we reserve those products for the pm and simply discuss the others then yes, I think it is an awesome idea. I have drawers full of things like Jan Marini products to name a few that just sit there unusedwhich I have no intent on going back to!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm a member of MUA and would just continue to list my swap things at that site. That's just easier for me since I have an established swap score there.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I think the risk would be that people looking to buy things would come on here and sign-up just to get products. There are legal issues with selling some of these products or even trading them if they are RX items. I, in theory, LOVE the idea, but I think a thread on "anyone wanna trade/buy XXXX pm me" Is a bit better because the site then in not legally liable for what goes on in pms between two consenting adult individuals. Remember, eventhough you can legally buy products from pharmacies without prescriptions (certain products that are not narcotic) they still cover their a*ss by having an MD claim to be the prescribing doctor based on a questionnaire and a so-called remote prescription. The offshore pharmacies simply roll the dice and send. A site like this would be in breach of US, Canadian and UK (and probably other) import laws and as such subject as a (I am assuming US) US based site to trafficking laws---yes trafficking since we would be trading RX medications/selling RX medication.

ON THE OTHER HAND...if we reserve those products for the pm and simply discuss the others then yes, I think it is an awesome idea. I have drawers full of things like Jan Marini products to name a few that just sit there unusedwhich I have no intent on going back to!
^ yeah, that!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts