Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, it seems as alot of people on this board have been using HQ4% and retin 0.1% which was mostly recomended by Ondine, and I just have to say that Ondine is very helpful on this board and she is a really good person. But my real question is that How many of you out there has had success with this HQ4% and retin 0.1%? Even if you didn't see any results, just post how long you have been using it. I'm really really tempted to buy these 2 products but theres 0.01% in my head saying that this might not work. thanks alot

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, your concern is a reasonable one. No one treatment works for everyone. Penicillin is a good example. For millions, it is a life-saving wonder-drug. Many others, however, are allergic to it. Some people get rashes & itching etc from Retin A even in its weakest strengths. Each skin is unique. I have no trouble with RA 0.1% BUT I cannot, for the life of me, use those Dove bodywashes!

If you get the products inexpensively & stick to them for a couple of moths, it'll be long enough for you to evaluate whether or not this routine is working for you. If you are unsure about RA, begin with the weakest strength & work your way up as your personal tolerance dictates. Good luck to you whatever you ultimately decide to try.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been using Retin A in some concentration for almost 2 years and it's done great things for my face. Acne - gone. Fine lines - lessened greatly. Complexion - major reduction in brown spots/freckles and imperfections. Tone - smoother than ever in my life. Oily skin - now considered 'normal'.

It takes a long time to get these results, but I love Retin-A and think it's one of the best things out there. I started using Hydroquinone 4% for 6 weeks, and am seeing lightening of the stubborn freckles above and beyond what Retin-A use was producing.

Search the net and you'll find many people who've had good results from Retin-A. Those that didn't usually either didn't stick with it long enough (3+ months is not uncommon), or the peeling and irritation at first made them abandon the idea completely.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the great update, clabbergirl. I too love the effects of the Retin A 0.1%. My skin is jut better overall.

The thing with lighteners is that people all seem to want fast results. If they don't see impressive results within a couple of weeks or so, they ften give up & claim the product doesnt work. It is important for them to 'GET' that HQ does NOT 'bleach' the melanin that is preexisting in the skin. It takes a good 4 weeks for the skin to shed a complete layer away. All that melanin rich skin has to exfoliate away in order for the results of the HQ use to become visible! As the old skin sheds away (helped by the RA) new lighter skin slowly appears (tyrosinase inhibited by the HQ). Even with something as potent as mono, results become visible in4-6 months because the pre-existing skin has to exfoliate away. Since some areas are thinner, these tend to show results faster. This is NOT 'uneven lightening' just a reflection on the thickness of the skin.

Whatever you ultimately try, please give it enough time to realistically gauge whether or not it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts